Got a free cruise from NCL (sort of)

johnnyrb

Well, not exactly a whole cruise but I did get an email from NCL this weekend informing me that my 12- day southern Caribbean cruise has been changed into a 14 day cruise. So we got 2 additional days for free at least.

The best part in my mind is that they changed some of the ports, and now we will be going to smaller, more interesting islands including Dominica, Martinique and Antigua. We're pretty happy. Just wanted to share some good NCL news.

I doubt they would pay for airfare changes, and one could always cancel I suppose. This is what the email said:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 12-Day Southern Caribbean sailings from New York on January 3 and January 31, 2016. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this

information to their clients.

Because of a scheduling change, the 12-Day Southern Caribbean sailings departing January 3 and January 31, 2016 have been modified to 14-Day

Southern Caribbean sailings. The revised itinerary information is provided below:

Please note, that fully deposited reservations will be automatically moved to the new 14-Day sailing and the cruise fare will be protected. If you do not wish to keep the reservation on the new 14-day sailing, please contact us by Monday, August 10, 2015. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated

support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET Monday through Friday.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Well, not exactly a whole cruise but I did get an email from NCL this weekend informing me that my 12- day southern Caribbean cruise has been changed into a 14 day cruise. So we got 2 additional days for free at least.

The best part in my mind is that they changed some of the ports, and now we will be going to smaller, more interesting islands including Dominica, Martinique and Antigua. We're pretty happy. Just wanted to share some good NCL news.

A lot of discussion about that change

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2238714

Sounds like a winner to me: BTW, just my opinion and everyone has his so don't take this too seriously: Dominica is one of our favorite island: have a great time!!! I will advise you to take a tour via the cruise line or keep your tour down when it comes to time. We almost missed the ship. I can't remember what tour company we used. I do know it was an amazing tour, but ran way over.

Our last cruise (2 months ago) we did Martinique: we were very disappointed in it, as were most people we spoke with. Antigua was a pleasant island and we had a nice time.