Snack food you would like to see?

uncleg

I know, the real estate on a cruise ship if finite but here goes:

1. 2nd. Pizza Pirate at other end of ship while on Pizza Pirate I'd add Garlic Knots, Spinach Pie (Spanikopicta not sure on spelling)

2. Guy's Burger added to the 24/7 hours of operation or at least till 0300!

3. Egg Rolls

4. Stuffed Grape Leaves

5. As others have mentioned: various foods unique to the ports of call on the cruise.

6. More flavours of ice cream such as the fare offered in the MDR's.

7. "Carnival Melt Cake" available all the time.

8. Real Beef Kosher Hot Dogs

I'll think of more as I'm a foodie.

Bring back calzones and garlic bread from the pizza station

Agreed! And the Caesar salad. No good reason for getting rid of these.

Grill used to make minute steaks on demand. Would love to see that.

I miss these terribly. They were delicious with the grilled onions and mushrooms. I don't expect to see them ever again though, especially on ships with Guys Burgers. Branding issues.

I keep thinking of traditional US 'carnival' snacks, would definitely be my weakness - fresh popcorn, funnel cakes, cotton candy

AWESOME idea. I would cry real happy tears if I could get unlimited funnel cakes and cotton candy. It would be great in the Sports Square area or near Water Works.

Carnival also needs to bring back the fruit punch. The rug staining excuse was awful. A big corporation like Carnival can't find the proper cleaning solution to get rid of fruit punch stains? You've gotta be kidding me.

Lots of good suggestions in here, especially the waffle cone one for ice cream. Will be bringing those along next time, along with Pringles tortilla chips.

Edited by TheTravelista

Naked hot wings (I mean real spicy)

Hot pretzels with jalapeno cheese dip

Onion rings

Jalapeno poppers

Zesty curly fries

Kettle or jello popcorn (it would have to be made and eaten right away)

with a side of heart burn

Buffalo/Hot Wings for sure! Love the idea of onion rings (if done right, so the onion breaks off when you bite it) and zesty curly fries!

Edited by Pkc2134

Carnival also needs to bring back the fruit punch. The rug staining excuse was awful. A big corporation like Carnival can't find the proper cleaning solution to get rid of fruit punch stains? You've gotta be kidding me.

Especially when the " funship special" is fruit punch based and they also serve it at the past guest party!

Agree. I am from New Jersey (albeit southern NJ), and I have never heard the term "cheese curds" except in terms of the cheese-making process.

Cheese curds are delicious little cheese nuggets, deep fried. They are sort of like cut up cheese balls and you typically don't dip them in anything. YUM

I know, the real estate on a cruise ship if finite but here goes:

1. 2nd. Pizza Pirate at other end of ship while on Pizza Pirate I'd add Garlic Knots, Spinach Pie (Spanikopicta not sure on spelling)

2. Guy's Burger added to the 24/7 hours of operation or at least till 0300!

3. Egg Rolls

4. Stuffed Grape Leaves

5. As others have mentioned: various foods unique to the ports of call on the cruise.

6. More flavours of ice cream such as the fare offered in the MDR's.

7. "Carnival Melt Cake" available all the time.

8. Real Beef Kosher Hot Dogs

I'll think of more as I'm a foodie.

Actually, you sound like a "junk" foodie :D

I would like to see salty snacks such as pretzels or popcorn (no peanuts for those with allergies) provided in the Red Frog Pub.

Those fried frog eyeballs or chick peas or whatever are inedible and should be pitched over the side.

I am not a fan of foo-foo drinks, so I mainly stick with beer. A tube of Thirsty Frog Red Ale is always better with a salty snack so we usually take a bag of pretzels on board.

Cheese curds are a favorite snack in the northeastern US. They're little lumps of fresh mozzarella. They "squeak" when you bite into them. Other parts of the country also sell cheddar as cheese curds. Some places lightly bread and deep fry cheese curds. They're delicious.

Cheese curds as in Poutine? mmm Fries with cheese curds and gravy!

I would like to see salty snacks such as pretzels or popcorn (no peanuts for those with allergies) provided in the Red Frog Pub.

Those fried frog eyeballs or chick peas or whatever are inedible and should be pitched over the side.

I am not a fan of foo-foo drinks, so I mainly stick with beer. A tube of Thirsty Frog Red Ale is always better with a salty snack so we usually take a bag of pretzels on board.

I have to ask: What the heck are "Frog Eyes?" Sounds anything but appetizing. Chuck them over for the Norwhals and sharks in the ocean please!

They have popcorn for the dive-in movies. It would be nice if they offered it in one of the bars, though.

Is it technically popcorn though? My kids eat anything and LOVE popcorn and refused to eat it. We figured bad batch and tried again twice on other nights.

Yuck.

Cardboard is a great description. [emoji37]

Too bad- it sure looks fun when served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it technically popcorn though? My kids eat anything and LOVE popcorn and refused to eat it. We figured bad batch and tried again twice on other nights.

Yuck.

Cardboard is a great description. [emoji37]

Too bad- it sure looks fun when served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess you have to smuggle your own salt and butter on board...