Snack food you would like to see?

uncleg

I doubt you will ever see dishes of anything that multiple people eat from just because of the noro virus issue. Imagine how fast it would spread if people were sharing dishes of nuts or chips in a bar. Then there is also the "nut allergy" thing. Some people are allergic enough that if there was a dish of nuts out on the bar it could cause a problem. Just saying.....

Good chocolate chip cookies for free like Princess and RC have. Princess has them 24hrs and you can often catch them warm right out of the oven. I don't care for the small hard cookies on the buffet on Carnival. I kind of resent paying for them at the coffee place. I like the hot pretzel idea too!

Most of the food items were available during the 70s and 80s.

Cut backs.

The junk food you can eat every day, why on a cruise.

Including pizza and wings.

Some people don't eat junk food all the time and enjoy it on vacation. Plus it taste good with beer! :D

Cinnamon rolls, and a bigger variety of fruit... mangos, passion fruit, dragon fruit, etc... And although this is not a snack food, I would LOVE to see crab legs on the menu in the MDR, maybe lobster the first elegant night and crab legs the second. It will prolly never happen though.

I'd be all for adding nachos to Blue Iguana as well.

It would be great if you could customize them.

Chicken or fajita beef nachos with the good queso (not the canned Rico nacho cheese kind), the fresh pico, etc.

I'd have those every single day for a snack before dinner (we do late dining). I may even give up my Pizza Pirate cravings for the nachos if they offered them.

Fresh, hot nachos and an ice cold margarita up on the Lido...yes please! :D

Edited by HollandAvery

Would love to see chicken wings and soft chocolate chip cookies served late night.

Good chocolate chip cookies for free like Princess and RC have. Princess has them 24hrs and you can often catch them warm right out of the oven. I don't care for the small hard cookies on the buffet on Carnival. I kind of resent paying for them at the coffee place. I like the hot pretzel idea too!

Have you ever tried the chocolate chip cookies from room service? They are much better and only the price of a tip.

Hot Pretzels & Cheese Dip

Warmed Nuts at the Atrium Bar (in some fancy roaster) $1/serving ?

Fruit & Dip Plate

Veggies & Dip Plate

Cheese Curds

Tortilla Chips at Blue Iguana

The donut idea is a great one in the a.m. !

This is the 2nd time in this thread that I've read the term "Cheese curds". I've never heard of this before in colloquial terms. What are "cheese curds"?

Would also be nice if they added real whole-grain bread to the deli, instead of that euphemistic "wheat" bread that has a few brown speckles in it. Maybe if they did, I'd actually order a sandwich from the deli as a snack.

Edited by oncruisecontrol

This is the 2nd time in this thread that I've read the term "Cheese curds". I've never heard of this before in colloquial terms. What are "cheese curds"?

Cheese curds are a favorite snack in the northeastern US. They're little lumps of fresh mozzarella. They "squeak" when you bite into them. Other parts of the country also sell cheddar as cheese curds. Some places lightly bread and deep fry cheese curds. They're delicious.

Some great ideas being posted!

Love the idea of warm pretzels and the wings. Mostly though, I would love to see real pastries, and not the packaged kind that by the end of the cruise are so dried out and crumbly...yuk! I am also not too crazy about the fruit desserts that all have a glaze of some sort on them, and I don't like the abundance of gelled type desserts in the Lido restaurant.

Give me fresh donuts, and cinnamon rolls, and fruit pastry. Please?