Anyone cruise princess star?

AceAnim8r

Just a minor quibble and to agree with DougH's thoughts, it's the "Princess ship called Star Princess". Princess is part of its name, not just an indicator of the cruise line. I notice a lot of Carnival cruisers used to ships names like Carnival Ecstasy using the phraseology of Princess Star or similar. While that may not be the case with the OP, it does help to use the correct name no matter what cruise line.

Yes, accuracy in language is a noble goal, but when we are talking to new people who are just meeting Princess, I think we can cut them a little slack when they use the "incorrect" terminology. They wanted information about Star Princess, and the idea was conveyed adequately in the subject line. (I have some pet peeves, too, but I guess we'd be here all day if I mentioned them. :))

We've been on the Star 3 times and I have nicknamed her "The Sausage Ship." Everyday at lunch and dinner on Lido, there were several different dishes of sausage. I swear Princess got a deal on sausage, and each day the chef reinvented it into something else, but it was still sausage. One day they got bold in the kitchen and stuffed a hot dog down the center of meat loaf. I'm avoiding booking a cruise on the Star, I just can't take sausage any more.:eek:

I've only cruised on the Star once -- Feb. 28-Mar. 13 this year, RT from San Francisco to Hawaii.

The ship was very pleasant. It was full & some areas were a bit crowded sometimes, but that was because we had LOTS of rain & wind, closing the outside areas several times. We also had an extra sea day (missed Kauai due to high seas & wind).

The covered pool area was esp. good -- a comfortable place to read while inside, but w/a feeling of outside. The IC staff was delightful!

The Promenade deck is a bit more narrow than usual, but I was able to sit out there & read many times. The walkers (many!) always had room & always missed my toes.

I've cruised the Star's bigger sisters, Ruby & Emerald. I really like all 3, but the Star seems cozier (maybe the cocoon of mist & fog?).

Been on Star Princess twice this year. California Coastal and Vancouver/San Francisco quickie. AND will be on 31 day cruise from LA to Rio in December. Good thing we love the ship. Dining rooms are intimate. Covered pool lovely. Shows good. Food was terrifically--great Chef's Table. Big ship by easy to get around.

We've been on the Star 3 times and I have nicknamed her "The Sausage Ship." Everyday at lunch and dinner on Lido, there were several different dishes of sausage. I swear Princess got a deal on sausage, and each day the chef reinvented it into something else, but it was still sausage. One day they got bold in the kitchen and stuffed a hot dog down the center of meat loaf. I'm avoiding booking a cruise on the Star, I just can't take sausage any more.:eek:

Only on the Star one time two years ago. We certainly did not notice an excess amount of sausage offerings. We will be on again in November and we will take special notice of any and all sausage dishes and report back.......:cool:

Edited by ar1950

Can someone tell me please ....

We cruised on Star Princess in 1989.

Is the current Star Princess the SAME ship?

LuLu

Not likely since the current Star Princess was launched May 10, 2001.

The only time I have been on the Star was right after the fire. We did a Baltic cruise which was either the 2nd or 3rd cruise after she came out of the shipyard from being repaired. Great ship, really enjoyed it. We were extra happy to be aboard as for a while there we didn't know if she would be ready in time for our cruise! :)

Not likely since the current Star Princess was launched May 10, 2001.

Thanks! Sort of thought it was probably a different ship.

Our Princess history has us sailing on Star Princess in 1989 ... but we actually booked it as Sitmar FairMajesty . After Princes bought Sitmar ...seems she became Star Princess for a couple of years.

LuLu

• 11 months later...
Thanks but this link is where I found the post to begin with !

Oh. LOL. Go to the reviews part of CC and see if there are new Star reviews. The reviews are published in a separate section of CC other than the message boards.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=255

Edited by shredie

We were on the Star for 10 days this past Jan. We loved it!!! We thought she was a beautiful ship. Our favorite place was at the aft Wake Pool. Never crowded and very relaxing!

Would this area be good for viewing the glaciers in alaska?