Queen Mary 2- Internet, Wi-Fi

S&G1968

Take that up with the IT manager.

I asked a similar question and he said the function is exactly the same as the LOGOUT.com

It may be the same but not foolproof. Here is a copy of a flyer that QE gives out.

LOGOUT.COM is the only foolproof way other than 1.1.1.1. which will re direct you to a login page if you have logged out successfully.

Cunard Internet078.pdf

Edited by Pennbank

It may be the same but not foolproof. Here is a copy of a flyer that QE gives out.

LOGOUT.COM is the only foolproof way other than 1.1.1.1. which will re direct you to a login page if you have logged out successfully.

Which is what the log out app does.

I will go with what the IT Manager told me when he put the apps on the ipad for me. I suspect his advice is just as good as a Cunard flyer. Possibly even better.

I do work via the internet for 2-3 hours every weekday when cruising, and my experience is that there are two types of internet speed on ships: slow but reliable; and dead slow and unreliable. The QM2 has always been in the former category, while lines like Windstar, SeaDream, Celebrity and Princess fall in the latter.

When on the internet in my cabin, I often prop the cabin door open with the garbage pail as it increases the speed of the connection. I also do my work early in the morning (usually before 9:00 am) or during the first dinner seating.

I usually take the largest internet package available and find it to be the best value proposition for my needs.

But none of this is any help to the passenger in a cabin who has just lost the Internet connection.

David.

Well it could be, because its the only fool proof way to make sure those $ are not wasting away.

I would immediately go out of my stateroom and find a connection and enter LOGOUT.COM into the address bar to make sure that counter was not still ticking over ! ;)

Edited by Pennbank

Well it could be, because its the only fool proof way to make sure those $ are not wasting away.

I would immediately go out of my stateroom and find a connection and enter LOGOUT.COM into the address bar to make sure that counter was not still ticking over ! ;)

I was thinking more about the passenger sitting up in bed in his jimjams at 11.30 pm. He has the inconvenience of dressing or donning the white robe (dress code?) before going in search of a good connection. The fact is that while some cabins have good connections others don't, and it can be expensive to find out which.

David.

Does anyone know of any wi-fi hot spots in or near the Ocean Terminal, where Cunard berths, please?

If its The Ocean Terminal, Then Oxford Street, has most Cafes and Bars with free wifi.

Also The Bars in Ocean Village.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Oxford+St,+Southampton+SO14+3DJ/@50.8960563,-1.4029588,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x487476cabf19309f:0xf74ae5f82f8e3000

If shopping In Southampton then free wifi is available At The Apple Store or in West Quay Shopping Centre and John Lewis

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/West+Quay+Southampton/@50.9038409,-1.4073347,15z/data=!3m1!5s0x487476b6dee4f329:0x277c83692c05220!4m2!3m1!1s0x487476b0d434b255:0xd7336dd7c46bc703

Edited by Pennbank