Was able to get Total Rewards discount ontop of Freestyle Choice Promotion

palmbaytish

I looked to see if this was discussed, but didn't see it and thought I'd mention it. I booked a 7 day Alaskan cruise for my husband, daughter and I, a couple of weeks ago and have paid all but $900 of the balance. I am a Total Rewards Platinum member through Caesars Properties and remembered that we get a 10% discount on cruise bookings. So I figured why not see if I could still get the 10% discount. So i called...

After verifying my Total Rewards # and platinum status, they were able to give me the discount, AND I still got to keep the promotional Ultimate Beverage Package we chose when we booked using the current Free Style Choice promotion. So instead of having a $910 balance due to be paid off by March, they just deducted the discount and dropped our balance to $656.

I just wanted to share in case there were other Total Rewards members who may be able to get the same deal!

-Stephanie

Using TR is a good way to circumvent the new policy of CAS not discounting suites. You retain all the promos and still can take advantage of price drops

True. They had stopped discounting suites when I booked the cruise for 2016 and I used the TR discount. They were going to give me a comp inside and charge the upgrade fee but I wouldn't have gotten any of the promosn at that time. Using the 20% through TR cost a bit more but I got all 4 promotions they were offering at that time so less expensive in the end.

This is the first I've heard that someone was able to apply the discount after the initial booking though. Good to know.