New 3-Day Sale on Caribbean Princess

partybarbie

Along with Princess, Carnival and RCI also have gone to what RCI calls "pricing integrity."

In other words, the object is to essentially maintain the same basic pricing all the way to embarkation and not have sales which will actually reduce overall revenue.

Carnival has stated their new philosophy is to not have last minute deep discounts to fill up the ship. They would rather have a few cabins empty than offering the deep discounts.

RCI has said that by not discounting they can maintain the image of offering a higher quality product. They see a need for customers to be retrained to not wait for pricing discounts (that will not be offered in the future) but to book a cruise earlier than in the past.

So it is not surprising that Princess pricing before, during and after sales really does not change that much.

That's thew 21st Century new Supply/Demand mentality. They demand a profit and we supply it! ;)

It's pretty common in all industries to offer your leftover inventory at deep discounts, but to be hush-hush about it.

I know that removing the last-minute sales would not work on me. There is an amount that I'm willing to pay, sale or not. I'm not tied to a cruise--if Banff is offering cabins for $45/night, we don't need to take a cruise.

It's pretty common in all industries to offer your leftover inventory at deep discounts, but to be hush-hush about it.

I know that removing the last-minute sales would not work on me. There is an amount that I'm willing to pay, sale or not. I'm not tied to a cruise--if Banff is offering cabins for $45/night, we don't need to take a cruise.

Carnival Corp has said they are willing to sail with 1% of cabins empty rather then sell them at deep discount pricing to the public.

If necessary they can have those cabins go at little or no charge to Travel Agents.