Cruise Suggestions????

jennew

I am looking for a cruise for my youth pastor.

We need a nice itinerary for the week of sept. 25th (or around there)

Is this hurricane season? We are east coast people and need an east coast port.

What do you suggest?

Yes, that is hurricane season and I wouldn't want to sail from an eastern port unless I was doing a New England cruise. However, an Alaskan cruise would be much better.

Star Princess 7/03

If you aren't worried about hurricanes icon_wink.gif (the ships can usually out-run them) there is an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess leaving from Ft. Lauderdale on Sept. 25th. There is also a Canada/New England cruise out of NYC on the Grand Princess leaving Sept. 26th. Or a 10 day Canada/New England cruise leaving Oct. 1 on the Regal Princess. For something different, you may want to try the Diamond Princess Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles on Sept. 25th.

Of those four above, I would recommend the 7 day Canada/New England cruise on the Grand Princess, or splurge and go for the 10 day. icon_eek.gif

Grand Princess Transatlantic - August 27, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;27;21;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

A New England cruise can be easily effected by a hurricane and you don't have as many options for alternative stops as you would in the Carribean. I've sailed 3 or 4 times in Sept. and have been lucky to have great weather.

Scott

You don't have to worry much about hurricanes--unless one hits your departure port.

I'd suggest the Caribbean Princess, doing an eastern Caribbean itinerary. You'd get a new ship and a great price.

The Eastern Carib is a better way to go. You can go out of Ft. Lauderdale for this cruise. The Western itenerary has more problems due to hurricanes and a it can get re-routed to the Eastern islands if needed. The cruise line does do a good job about keeping the ships and passengers out of harms way. You can get great deals at that time of the year due to the fear of bad weather, so if you are looking for a bargain that is a great time to get one.

Archived