Balcony Question

mush71

Yes and yes. We had an aft cabin on HAL that had the huge balcony, was completely covered and as private as you can get. No one able to peek around a divider. It was great for napping, sleeping and, well.......yeah, definitely not the question. :D

Yes and yes. We had an aft cabin on HAL that had the huge balcony, was completely covered and as private as you can get. No one able to peek around a divider. It was great for napping, sleeping and, well.......yeah, definitely not the question. :D

Aft on the Zuiderdam by chance? My favorite cabin of all time :) I slept out there nearly every night as the lounge chairs were the kind that laid completely flat with the comfy cushions (like the thermal suite, only thicker).

That hooked me forever on a balcony with lounger, hence a B6 on the Breakaway. LOVE sleeping under the stars, although I do keep the door closed.

It's like camping with room service :).

Aft on the Zuiderdam by chance? My favorite cabin of all time :) I slept out there nearly every night as the lounge chairs were the kind that laid completely flat with the comfy cushions (like the thermal suite, only thicker).

That hooked me forever on a balcony with lounger, hence a B6 on the Breakaway. LOVE sleeping under the stars, although I do keep the door closed.

It's like camping with room service :).

Close! Oosterdam and Westerdam. The Oosterdam was an 11 day to the Mexican Riviera-Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Huatulco, Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas (my favorite port of all time). Westerdam was to the eastern Caribbean. We had cabin 5190 both times. The DH is fair skinned so shade is a must. That's why we love the deck 9 afts on the Getaway so much. Amazing!

Edited by tarps14

I may be incorrect,but I do think the notices about keeping the balcony doors closed have a connection to the air conditioning systems on ships.

My DH and I refrain from keeping the doors open,even though we do like fresh air and sea breezes because of these notices.

On one cruise with Princess,the captain made a comment during his mid-morning announcements to remind passengers to keep balcony doors closed.

Just saying.....

We left our door open at night. One night my DH woke me and told me to go out to the hall. There was a bat in our room! As we were at sea and had left St lucia the day before, assume bat was there for 24+ hours. Called down and they sent exterminator up to remove the critter. Also checked room to insure no others had joined him. Have never left door open unless I"m right there

We left our door open at night. One night my DH woke me and told me to go out to the hall. There was a bat in our room! As we were at sea and had left St lucia the day before, assume bat was there for 24+ hours. Called down and they sent exterminator up to remove the critter. Also checked room to insure no others had joined him. Have never left door open unless I"m right there

Oh no. A bat that is crazy!!! :eek::eek::eek: