RCL Visa credit card

If I want to use my points (over 50000) do I have to go thru RCL & get the OBC or can my TA do it for me??

Can I make a resv. on a cruise thru my TA & then call RCL(VISA) & tell them I want to redeem my points for OBC. I just don't know how this works.

george35

If I want to use my points (over 50000) do I have to go thru RCL & get the OBC or can my TA do it for me??

Can I make a resv. on a cruise thru my TA & then call RCL(VISA) & tell them I want to redeem my points for OBC. I just don't know how this works.

george35

You redeem using this website:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

It does not matter if you are booked with a TA or direct.

Your post reminded me that I needed to do that for my upcoming cruise. It was my first time "cashing in" BoA RCCL Visa points, and it was much easier than I expected it to be.

Thanks for the reminder!

PS - I'll be sure to bring my email confirmation with me when I board. : )

george35

I just did this myself a couple of days ago. You do this yourself through the Bank of America site. In the ALL ABOUT CRUISING section of RCCL's homepage there is a link for the RCCL VISA. Once you are there you click on the link for the redemption site and log in to BOA. You go to the redeem miles section and they have a shopping basket and checkout system in place to chose what awards you want to apply to your booking. Once you have chosen you check out and supply the information requested and you are done.

I'm a RCCL VISA cardholder as well, and found the new website linked in the above thread to be pretty easy to navigate. Never had an issue handling this way, but I suggest putting your booking # in the notes field of every transaction you do through this method.

Make sure to save your transaction records, and a hard copy with you on cruise as well. Ordered OBC and cabin goodies and such will not show up anywhere on your booking if you're checking online prior to boarding (unless something has changed in the last year), so without these records there's no track-back when you're On The Boat! In our experience OBC shows up by Day 2 :)