Kudos to Princess Regarding Left Baggage

AZ Ocean Lover

In April my husband and I had a great trip to the Caribbean on CB. As we were standing in line at the airport we realized we had left the dive bag in our cabin. The agent at the airport (US Airways) knew who to contact at the port. (I guess we weren't the first people to leave baggage.)

We called and gave the description, cabin number, etc. When we got home we called the CS line and we were given a form to fill out along with instructions on where to send it and who to call.

It seems our bag was on the way to Southhampton and we would get it when the ship returned. We kept in touch and so did Princess. We were finally notified that the bag had been found, identified and was being sent back to us.

That's when things got strange. They lost the bag again. They called and were very apologetic but they couldn't find the bag anywhere. They asked us to provide a list of things in the bag and value. There really wasn't anything "new" in the bag so it was hard to value but we made a list. We told them that things were pretty old so it was hard for us to place a value on most but a couple of items. We just told them that we would accept whatever they felt was fair.

They came back with a number that was more than acceptable. In fact, we almost didn't accept it because seemed too high but they explained that they looked up replacement value and that's how it was calculated.

Even though it took several months to get this all straightened out I was very pleased with Princess and how they handled this situation. In fact, it was our own stupid mistake for leaving the bag on board so I would say that Princess went over and above what was expected.

I left an item in a hotel room once (on business). I called and they could not find it. A week later they called me back to say it had been located. I didn't ask why it took that long considering the room was surely cleaned and used after I left. The point was the hotel (and not a fancy one) followed-up and returned the item to me that I left behind and was no fault of theirs. I will keep going back there with that kind of service.