Whats bigger than a CAT 5 !!???

brn2crz

Ok my friends...We are uplugging the computer,and heading out...:eek:

Will try to post by Friday Morning...

Rita went from A 2,to a 3 to a 4 in about 4 hours....

My worry is no airport service next Sat for my flight to PC....

Everyone take care...And all prayers are welcome..!!

Cat 5 is it. Stay safe!!!!!

No,not yet...But 140 and its only been in the Gulf a few hours...

Great news from insurance though....Since we are under mandatory evac...We are considered uninhabitable...100% refund ...

Also,1000 pp trip interuption/delay if we try to go,and have flight issues..

Lets hope they hold up to that if needed.... :confused:

What's bigger than a Cat 5??

Nuclear Holocaust. Stay safe.....

I don't think there is anything higher. It a storm was way larger, they might make up a Cat. 6. Kind of like what they did for that massive tornado in Oklahoma a few years ago. The scale for tornados only goes to F5, but they say the winds were so strong they decided it could be a F6.

My worry is no a...irport service next Sat for my flight to PC....

Stay safe, and God be with y'all.

My prayers go to you and everyone along the Gulf to keep out of harm's way and for minimal damage!! I'm sure your flight will be fine! You KNOW I gotta ask where PC is. Just stay safe and dry and please, if you can, keep us posted.

I am on the same cruise as you, and I'll be looking for your posts on Fri. (hopefully). I'll certainly say a prayer for you to stay safe and that all goes well!

No,not yet...But 140 and its only been in the Gulf a few hours...

Great news from insurance though....Since we are under mandatory evac...We are considered uninhabitable...100% refund ...

Also,1000 pp trip interuption/delay if we try to go,and have flight issues..

Lets hope they hold up to that if needed.... :confused:

I just got out the Texas map and found out where Dickenson is. I didn't hear the 11am update, but before that you where right on the path. Getting out is a very good idea. I have friends on the northwest side of Houston that haven't decided yet if they will stay or not. He's out of the country until Thursday, so they will have to leave the minute he gets home.

Glad to hear that insurance really works when needed. I just hope you don't need it. Keep us posted as you're able to. Just pack up and get going now. Remember all your important papers and medicines. And food and water for the road.

My prayers go to you and everyone along the Gulf to keep out of harm's way and for minimal damage!! I'm sure your flight will be fine! You KNOW I gotta ask where PC is. Just stay safe and dry and please, if you can, keep us posted.

note to self...No more abbreviations,no one has a clue what I mean:D

PC = Port Canaveral...Although...We actually fly in to Orlando..

More positive news....(so keep the prayers coming)..Although the recon plane has not yet flown in today...they have shifted the track oh so slightly more West of us...And some readings do NOT favor further strengthening....

I never prayed so hard for a heat wave to continue...but thats what protects my end of the coast at this point...

Ok....really....I gotta unplug:p

My prayer are with you & everyone around the gulf coast! I'm suppose to be on that cruise with you but it looks like I'll have to cancel due to other reasons. My MIL is near death and we are still unsure of how things will play out! If we should not make this cruise , let's just remind each other that there will always be the next one around the corner! Have a safe & happy next few days!

note to self...No more abbreviations,no one has a clue what I mean:D

PC = Port Canaveral...Although...We actually fly in to Orlando..

More positive news....(so keep the prayers coming)..Although the recon plane has not yet flown in today...they have shifted the track oh so slightly more West of us...And some readings do NOT favor further strengthening....

I never prayed so hard for a heat wave to continue...but thats what protects my end of the coast at this point...

Ok....really....I gotta unplug:p

I just watched the news. I heard it may hit south of you and they are predicting landfall as a cat 3 or 4 (much better then a 5). We all learned with Charley not to let our guard down, but at least it's a ray of hope. I really hope you don't get to read this until you're back home or safely in someone else's house far from the coast.

My prayer are with you & everyone around the gulf coast! I'm suppose to be on that cruise with you but it looks like I'll have to cancel due to other reasons. My MIL is near death and we are still unsure of how things will play out! If we should not make this cruise , let's just remind each other that there will always be the next one around the corner! Have a safe & happy next few days!

Knothead,

Our prayers and with you and your family too. And thanks for your good attitude.

Read the forecast carefully - it says landfall as a major hurricane, which means at least cat 3. The storm is about to pass over an area of particularly warm water which will fuel it well for a bit.

Cat 4/5 storms rarely stay that way more than a day - so the question is how much fuel this warm water gives it and if it can wind itself out quick enough before landfall.

Knothead. I've been planning on asking about your mil. From recent posts you sounded like you'd make the cruise. Sorry things are not better after all. Prayers are out there!

Danajjj. We gave a large, great group on the Mariner, Oct.2nd site. Come join us. Have plans to meet @ Fishlips in PC for dinner Sat. nite, bracelets to recognize our group on ship, ect.,ect. Be sure to sign up for the M&M. It really is nice to recognize a few out of the 3000 once in a while!

Pray for a miracle.....that the storm will be much less dangerous than expected. For everyone in its path. Be safe, take precautions....take your photos and your family and get out.

Our thoughts will be with you. You are not alone. Millions of people are praying and care about you.

They are now saying it is the 3rd strongest hurricane in recorded history. Rita is now heading into an area favorable for more strengthing possibly over night. If you could only imagine something that terrible getting worse.

On the topic of a Cat 6. If you look at The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale, the average distance between catagories is about 19.5 MPH. So if their was a Cat 6, this very well could be one.

I am hoping every second for it to weaken before landfall.

My best to all in the Gulf.

This post is off-topic. I request that the moderators please remove it.

Huh????????? There are many of us cruisers that are very concerned for others because of the potential damage that Rita could do! Galveston is a RCCL port that could be destroyed. I join others in letting everyone in that area know that you are in my prayers also.

Rick

I heard something interesting this morning while watching the Today Show. Al Roker said that if this storm continues to strengthen, meterologists believe it will actually get so strong that it will implode and thus weaken itself. In effect, he was saying that these huge storms are self-limiting - they get so big that they destroy themselves. Interesting theory.

Beth

"Apparently reading comprehension isn't a priority in TX. This is a cruise board. Topics of weather are of no concern here. The thread has nothing to do with cruising."

This statement is uncalled for!!! Hurricanes affect cruising so there for weather does relate to this board! Why is it a bad thing to discuss sympathy for other peoples hurts. We have became friends on this board and we do care about what is going on in each other lives as they prepare for their cruises or the possible cancelling of our cruises. I for one am thankful for the people on this board that gave me & my family their prayers & sympathy at this sad time in my life!

If you choose to disagree - do so by not posting - Leave us to our on concerns!

Archived