Can this price be right?

LyndaKroooze

We have a 6 assorted cabins booked for a cruise this winter, and my Mom has hinted now that she might consider going (was adamant before she did not want to go)

We currently have 3 people (kids) in an interior stateroom for a total price of $1602.00 (taxes in)

I am looking at adding my Mother into that room and when I do a mock booking for 4 people in the room (same everything) the price is $1738.00 (taxes in).

Does this mean that I can bring my mother on this cruise for a difference of only$136.00????

Breeze 6 day Western- Feb 7/16 interior midship Deck 6

Thanks in advance for your responses

We have a 6 assorted cabins booked for a cruise this winter, and my Mom has hinted now that she might consider going (was adamant before she did not want to go)

We currently have 3 people (kids) in an interior stateroom for a total price of $1602.00 (taxes in)

I am looking at adding my Mother into that room and when I do a mock booking for 4 people in the room (same everything) the price is $1738.00 (taxes in).

Does this mean that I can bring my mother on this cruise for a difference of only$136.00????

Think it depends upon how the cabin was booked.

Yes that is what it means...she will be the 4th person. Once you get to a 3rd person it gets cheaper by the person.

All 5 of us are going over Thanksgiving and because I was able to get all 5 of us in one balcony cabin the cruise was only $1624.00 at the time I booked it. My kids are all small so fitting 5 of us at the moment is not so bad but, it is difficult to have 4 or more people in the same cabin. If you can all do it is cheap.:D

Yes, it can be very inexpensive to fill up a 4 person room. Might have even been cheaper yesterday during the "More the Merrier" sale on 3rd and 4th occupants. Carnival usually makes more on excursion and what you spend on board than they do on the cruise fares.

I find this very interesting because at the $1738 rate 3rd & 4th guests are $179 base rate + $123.08 taxex/fees for a total of $302.08.

Did you book early saver by chance? Because the math isn't adding up and you may actually be due some onboard credit.

I find this very interesting because at the $1738 rate 3rd & 4th guests are $179 base rate + $123.08 taxex/fees for a total of $302.08.

Did you book early saver by chance? Because the math isn't adding up and you may actually be due some onboard credit.

The rate was $419 per person based on dbl occ, then a 3rd added which lowered the base I'm sure- total $1738.00 taxes in for 3- yes it was early saver.

The rate was $419 per person based on dbl occ, then a 3rd added which lowered the base I'm sure- total $1738.00 taxes in for 3- yes it was early saver.

Whether you add the 4th or not I would compare your current rate/cabin to what's being advertised right now.

Without knowing the category of the cabin I can't be sure but it looks like you could get an upgrade or some OBC.

Better call Carnival because as I recall cannot add or subtract when booking ES.

Might pay to cancel and rebook.

We added to our ES booking in 2 different cabins no problem. Not sure about taking away.

Yep. We have six in our family. And is cheaper to book 4 in one and two in the other.

First Cruise - Carnival Dream 2011, 7 nights

Eastern Carribean

Carnival Fantasy - 10th Anniversary Cruise to

Nassau/Freeport, 5 nights

Carnival Liberty - 7 nights with the whole family. Western Caribbean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think there was probably a price drop since you booked since I just did a mock booking for 3 people at the early saver rate, midship deck 7 and it was $1446. When I changed it to 4 people, I could book a midship deck 6 cabin at the same rate you got. Call Carnival and get your new rate, whether or not your mom goes!

Are you sure mom wants to be in a small inside cabin with 3 kids? Just sayin !!

She will be splitting her nights between our cabin and my sister and BIL's cabin, and yes possibly a night with the kids (age 11, 11 and 16- all girls)

We are just booking her in the interior because it was the cheapest fare. Can't afford the single supplement ( I can just afford her cruise and flight)

Better call Carnival because as I recall cannot add or subtract when booking ES.

Can't subtract, take people out of cabin, but can add people at any time without penalty on ES. I have booked only myself on many occassions to pay only deposit on one, then added DH....no penalty!

Yes, you can add on ES as long as the original occupants do not change. I added my grand daughter to our booking and upgraded at the same time to a cabin for 3.

I want to know how you can get 5 in a balcony. My kids are little also but i was told my only option was an ocean view family stateroom or 2 balcony cabins. My boys are 7, 7, 6

Some ships can accommodate 5 in a balcony. The poster that said they were sailing 5 in a balcony was booked on the Triumph.

In Sept. 2014 my wife and I booked an Ocean Suite on deck six on the Pride.

Four months later we added my SIL and BIL and all they did was change me to a four person Ocean Suite. No change fees. Then three days before sailing

the upsell fairy called and we upgraded to a Grand Suite and they changed

our cabin again. No change fees again. We were booked early saver.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

We are a family of 5....3 boys ages 19, 15, and 10. Our balcony cabin had plenty of room. I did pack an over the door hanger for space saving and we placed our luggage under the king bed. We are planning another cruise since it was so much cheaper fitting us all in one cabin. Not sure I'd book all 5 of us without a balcony.

Edited by ptcounselor