Breakaway sports bar ?

mrmet1986

I assume osheans pub ( sorry for spelling ) is the sports bar on the ship right ? And can any nfl fans tell me what games I would expect ? Is there a local team that is broadcast all the time for ncl fleet wide ? Or is it based out of what port the ships dock in ? On carnival if I remember I think it's always Denver news and Broncos games plus the national gAmes

• 4 weeks later...
I assume osheans pub ( sorry for spelling ) is the sports bar on the ship right ? And can any nfl fans tell me what games I would expect ? Is there a local team that is broadcast all the time for ncl fleet wide ? Or is it based out of what port the ships dock in ? On carnival if I remember I think it's always Denver news and Broncos games plus the national gAmes

I know you posted this a while ago, but since I didn't see a response figured I'd chime in - hope you didn't go already :p

I asked the same question in another thread & I was told yes, it is O'Sheehans. The posted said when he went they only showed the CBS games, not Fox, some sort of contract problem with Fox but that could be solved by now.

I am going on the Breakaway in November & hoping to catch a game myself :D Hope you enjoy/enjoyed your cruise!!!

We were on the Jewel on the last week of the regular season last year. They showed a CBS game on the early game, Fox on the late game and the NBC Sunday game. The games shown is determined by ESPN Caribbean is what we were told.

That's good to k now - thanks. Guessing I may miss afternoon games anyway so glad I may be able to catch Sunday night

• 2 weeks later...

Our cruise departs nov 8 . On my previous 2 cruises I was able to watch the ny Giants and both where awesome experiences. My mother and I are big fans and we ordered plenty of drinks and enjoyed talking to other fans as well. Usually I'm the quiet type but not in these situations lol. If in this cruise they don't have the Giants game it will be a bummer but I'm sure I will get over it being on a cruise and all. [emoji5]️

Mets playoffs !!!!!!

Don't forget 2007 and 2008 collapse shhhhh

lGM

That's not going to happen this year! :p

I love your 'name.' I haven't been to Shea/Mets game since 1986. Still have the METS jackets we bought that year. (wish they still fit) lol

Hubby asked me yesterday if maybe we should go catch a game next weekend. It would be nice to see Citi Field.

Edited by Mrs. H.

Our cruise departs nov 8 . On my previous 2 cruises I was able to watch the ny Giants and both where awesome experiences. My mother and I are big fans and we ordered plenty of drinks and enjoyed talking to other fans as well. Usually I'm the quiet type but not in these situations lol. If in this cruise they don't have the Giants game it will be a bummer but I'm sure I will get over it being on a cruise and all. [emoji5]️

Well then guess I'll see you at the bar, we're on the same cruise :p

That's not going to happen this year! :p

I love your 'name.' I haven't been to Shea/Mets game since 1986. Still have the METS jackets we bought that year. (wish they still fit) lol

Hubby asked me yesterday if maybe we should go catch a game next weekend. It would be nice to see Citi Field.

You will love city field. I recommend getting a burger at the place called the shake shack. It's a long line but i bet it's the best burger you'll ever eat

Edited by mrmet1986

You will love city field. I recommend getting a burger at the place called the shake shack. It's a long line but i bet it's the best burger you'll ever eat

I worked for years across the street from Shack Shack at Madison Sq Park and never bought a burger there (Passed right by the place each morning to get to my building)

I think there's only 2 locations. The one at citi field and the one you worked near. I'm glad I don't live in Manhattan . Between shake shack, papaya King, and Peter luger$ steak house I would be huge lol. I'm 45 mins upstate from Manhattan ( Middletown )

I think there's only 2 locations. The one at citi field and the one you worked near. I'm glad I don't live in Manhattan . Between shake shack, papaya King, and Peter luger$ steak house I would be huge lol. I'm 45 mins upstate from Manhattan ( Middletown )

I've seen a Shake Shack by the World Financial Center downtown when I worked in the city and took the x-bus home.

Oh wow, I didn't know until just now that there's a SS at the following locations in Manattan:

the theater district @ 44th & 8th

Grand Central Terminal

Columbus Ave

86th bet 3rd and Lex.

Who knew there was 6 of them?!

I know you posted this a while ago, but since I didn't see a response figured I'd chime in - hope you didn't go already :p

I asked the same question in another thread & I was told yes, it is O'Sheehans. The posted said when he went they only showed the CBS games, not Fox, some sort of contract problem with Fox but that could be solved by now.

I am going on the Breakaway in November & hoping to catch a game myself :D Hope you enjoy/enjoyed your cruise!!!

I was just on the Breakaway at the end of August and the ONLY sport on any television anywhere on the ship was European soccer. No ESPN, no Fox, no CBS sports, nothing.