Early Del Rio Legacy vs the Sheehan Legacy

mianmike

It's ironic after the smoking on the balcony ban I brought it up one or two more times and everybody said get over it. Now though I swear at least once or twice on every Norwegian thread someone brings up room service no longer being free or the DSC increase. So to them I proudly hold my head high and simply say get over it. If you are that strapped for cash that a few extra bucks will kill your wallet don't cruise.

I tip the crew at least $10 per day pp. I do it in cash to the people who serve me, including youth workers. I treat the crew well. I think the DSC is deceitful and haven't paid it in years. If service is poor (only once when a room steward felt the need to comment on how single parenting is wrong daily) I reduce the amount or do not tip that person. The crew likes me more. I guarantee it.

So you give your steward an extra $70 per person per 7 day cruise?

The waiters as well?

The bartenders?

Sorry but you are being ridiculous and the crew you are tipping are probably laughing at you

So if you sail in a quad cabin you leave the steward an extra $280 but it sounds as though you are a single parent so just how much do you give the steward. $140?

I'm laughing now as that is ridiculous and pompous

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

I tip the crew at least $10 per day pp. I do it in cash to the people who serve me, including youth workers. I treat the crew well. I think the DSC is deceitful and haven't paid it in years. If service is poor (only once when a room steward felt the need to comment on how single parenting is wrong daily) I reduce the amount or do not tip that person. The crew likes me more. I guarantee it.
Let's see. You tip at least $10 a day per person, including the youth workers and others pay their DSC, so they are tipping $12 a day per person, sans the youth workers (they tip them over and above the DSC), and many tip more than the DSC and the crew likes you more....don't think that is a correct statement.

Most all cruise lines, sans those all inclusive lines where tips are included in the fare, have some sort of DSC (they call it automatic gratuities on some lines), so what is so deceitful about it. It is clearly stated on each cruise lines website and clearly states what it is used for and every knowledgeable cruiser knows all about it.

The waiters as well?

The bartenders?

Sorry but you are being ridiculous and the crew you are tipping are probably laughing at you

So if you sail in a quad cabin you leave the steward an extra $280 but it sounds as though you are a single parent so just how much do you give the steward. $140?

No, she said she tips $10 a day per person (opposed to the $12 DSC per day per person) or $70 for a cruise per person and that is for the Room Steward, Bartenders, Waiters, youth workers, etc. Edited by NLH Arizona

[

The waiters as well?

The bartenders?

I believe you are inserting your own thoughts into this response in order to disparage the person who posted. That is not very nice !!

Edited by swedish weave

Let's see. You tip at least $10 a day per person, including the youth workers and others pay their DSC, so they are tipping $12 a day per person, sans the youth workers (they tip them over and above the DSC), and many tip more than the DSC and the crew likes you more....don't think that is a correct statement.

Most all cruise lines, sans those all inclusive lines where tips are included in the fare, have some sort of DSC (they call it automatic gratuities on some lines), so what is so deceitful about it. It is clearly stated on each cruise lines website and clearly states what it is used for and every knowledgeable cruiser knows all about it.

NCL does not give cruisers a breakdown on the DSC, so we do not know what they do with it or how it is dispensed to the crew. If you have the figures, please post them here so we will know.

NCL does not give cruisers a breakdown on the DSC, so we do not know what they do with it or how it is dispensed to the crew. If you have the figures, please post them here so we will know.

You don't have to know, do you know what every company does with their money? Do what you are supposed to do which is enjoy your cruise and have fun

NCL doesn't have to; truth be told, I honestly don't care as long as I have my bases cover. And if you don't like that they don't give a breakdown to your liking - you can either not pay, pay the staff in cash or find a cruise line that gladly give you the breakdown and sail on them instead.

Honestly, what heck are going to do with the breakdown - give the room steward a penny more to make it even $1,200 biweekly? [emoji57]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

You don't have to know, do you know what every company does with their money? Do what you are supposed to do which is enjoy your cruise and have fun
Really, who cares how they break it out, they say it is for crew salaries and incentive program and if folks don't believe them, find a cruise line that you trust, but think about it, they can tell you that they give $X to this category of crew member, but how do you know that they are really doing it.

I hope that one day NCL will wake up and make it mandatory by including it in the fare.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Really, who cares how they break it out, they say it is for crew salaries and incentive program and if folks don't believe them, find a cruise line that you trust, but think about it, they can tell you that they give $X to this category of crew member, but how do you know that they are really doing it.

I hope that one day NCL will wake up and make it mandatory by including it in the fare.

Like usual i completely agree with you. Just people don't enjoy the cruise line and want to just complain they should find a cruise line they can enjoy. Could you imagine meeting some of the whiners and complainers on a cruise ship? That would dampen your whole vacation lol.

Are you actually going to try and tell us you tip the crew, meaning your cabin steward, your dinner server and others $10 per day, per person? That would be a min of $30 per day, not to mention others that are covered in the tip pool. And you say the crew likes you more: are you saying you tip them daily? I am having trouble conprehending this? Do you also remove DSC applied in some resorts? And you tip everyone separately?

Are you actually going to try and tell us you tip the crew, meaning your cabin steward, your dinner server and others $10 per day, per person? That would be a min of $30 per day, not to mention others that are covered in the tip pool. And you say the crew likes you more: are you saying you tip them daily? I am having trouble conprehending this? Do you also remove DSC applied in some resorts? And you tip everyone separately?

If she tips as much as she claims that would be more than the DSC increase lol

I read it that she only tips $10 per day per person in total, not $10 per person per day to each crew member, because she said she tips at least $10 per day per person to the crew . So she would divide $10 between the Room Steward, Waiter, Bartenders, Youth Workers and all the other crew members.

Do you tip the people that wash your sheets and make your food? Seems like taking off the DSC is pretty petty of you but that is your own choice.

If it is none of anybody's business what NCL does with the DSC, why would be of anybody's concern what another cruiser does with the cash tips ??

It appears the Three Stooges have taken over this thread as someone mentioned earlier about the "comics".

I believe the solution is to promote a campaign to remove the DSC until the cruise line stops being evasive about the use of the money.

You read the website it is clear what they do with the DSC. When you go to a resort or other places that have a service fee do you pay it or tell them "no I am not paying it I only pay in cash" I know going to these places you have to pay the service fee no matter what. But I don't care what the company or resort does with the money I just know I have to pay it. I hope they use it for their staff but that's not my choice what is done with it.

You have the option with NCL if you choose to not pay it which is your choice, but remember not paying it only hurts the crew members that you don't encounter in a daily basis that does things behind the scenes to make your vacation as great and satisfactory as possible.

Edited by abe3

Easy to remember racist, justifying cop killing and posts that end with LOL most of the time.

Can't miss such people.

That was my Margaritaville experience at Turk & Caicos on the Splendor - don't ask me how I survived, it didn't help that the DJ was taking requests from them... I'm sure your Carnival experience will be alot better.

Edited by maywell

That was my Margaritaville experience at Turk & Caicos on the Splendor - don't ask me how I survived, it didn't help that DJ was taking requests from them... I'm sure your Carnival experience will be alot better.

My Carnival experiances have been way better than that, sorry but the shady c's of the world are everywhere.

So do I - can't wait for November / December to enjoy my trip. Personally, I think they made their product better plus they didn't have to grandfathered me regarding the DSC in but they did, so don't mind spending more on their ships. So many freebies tossed in at the basic fare price, I honestly don't have to spend more - and that is the beauty of the NCL product (and cruising, in general). Sigh, trips can't come soon enough.....

Me too. Looking forward to my cruise in January. Can't wait to have a vacation and some time off to relax.

Don't feed them.

While I don't agree with a lot of the changes that have taken place, mostly because they SEEM to just be TAKING and never GIVING

I am still very excited about another NCL cruise! For the price, it's still a great value! And we should all just play the glad game, like Pollyanna. :D

The prices on cruises aren't as cheap as they were 5 months ago.

The prices on cruises aren't as cheap as they were 5 months ago.

I'm looking at a 7 day Getaway Cruise in sept

for 1474.00 for 2 people for 7 days with free alcohol

which comes out to be around 100.00 per person per day, all taxes and fees included.

When I first started cruising in 2010, I booked a Carnival cruise for 7 days for 1k per person, no drink package.

And when I booked the getaway LAST year I paid MORE for that sailing with no drink package included.

Of course, this is all depending on sail dates, specials, etc.

But cruising may not be as cheap as it was 5 months ago for SOME sailings, but its hard to argue that at 100.00 per person per day is not a value, esp since for all food and beverages and most entertainment to be included.

You simply CANNOT do that on land.

I'm simply trying to look on the bright side of life here!

If the they added something new for before the dance party, it could also bring people back to the ship who have already sailed it before.

I don't know what, but that is why I don't work for the cruiselines, lack of ideas haha

Here's the thing - some people love the dance party and celebrity impersonators that show up. Me? It was meh, good drinks tho but meh in terms of actual party. And you what? Again, to each their own on what they consider fun and interesting onboard - not everyone has to like it or love it. That's why different stuff to do on a cruise & that extends to different lines as well.

You don't always have to cruise on NCL - matter of fact, you should not sail on it if you feel its crummy and waste of time /money. There comes a point when one should realize that forcing yourself to travel on/to something that you really don't like is just a bad decision - there's no shame in going to different line and enjoying that. What is a shame is coming to a forum that is not that company's official website, complaining about them like you're planning to sail it at anytime and thinking that cruise line is listening to the mess - its either post your complaints/grievances directly to them via email / Facebook or move on.

Moping about them is not genuinely going to fix anything about them - We're extremely small segment of NCL cruising population, the majority of NCL cruisers are in interiors to mini-suites. The majority of the CC posters that are complaining here are mostly Suites while that's a small number on the actual NCL ships. Meanwhile, all the people who don't really have an issue with NCL come all different room categories even Haven. So take the complaining and back&forth with a grain of salt -and enjoy your trip, I'm sure you will have fun.