Things to do before late departure after cruise from Fort Lauderdale?

jennymaxgirl

We fly out from FLL at 6:30 pm the day we disembark from the ship.

We will have two kids, ages 5 & 8, with us and of course we will have luggage. What do people generally do for the day after getting of the ship?

Any idea what time disembarkation usually is ? We would love to just relax on the beach, but we would need hotel access for this to change, etc. Would we be left with reserving a room for a full night? Any other suggestions for easy things to do with the kids and luggage?

We will be traveling in November.

Thanks for much!

Jennifer

We are in a similar situation. Will have kids 10 and 6 with us and a 5:30 pm flight home. Not really sure what we are going to do. Was planning on an excursion through RCCL but not sure about that now as I really don't want to be at the airport >4 hours before our flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Riverside Market South is a great craft beer bar and restaurant just a mile north of FLL airport. It's a comfortable place to try local/Florida beers. They are open every day except for Sunday. Supervised children are welcome and they love hosting tourists on their way to the airport. Tonight they had a delicious natural cider from Hollywood, FL on draft. :)

In March, our flight home is at 7:00 pm...

Last time we did this, we rented a car...but were pretty much bored just trying to kill a day in Fort Lauderdale (driving around, lunch, a little shopping, etc.)...

One other time, we did the Everglades/Alligator tour thing through the ship...and, yes, they got us to the airport plenty early...the tour has to be designed to accommodate passengers with varied flight times...

I'm wondering....This time, our flight is on American Airlines FIRST CLASS. Whatever we choose to do, I'm thinking we end up back at FLL well before the flight. Anyone familiar with what lounges/facilities American has at FLL?

Between cab to airport and bag storage, I can rent car for the day. Did so and now interested in just a itinerary one would suggest for 6 hours in FLL.

Beach, shopping mall, lunch, DT, anything else??????

We are planning the similar thing with 6:30 pm flight from FLL. You can do the Everglades/Alligator tour (3 hrs) & drive to Miami (30 miles or so). :D

Between cab to airport and bag storage, I can rent car for the day. Did so and now interested in just a itinerary one would suggest for 6 hours in FLL.

Beach, shopping mall, lunch, DT, anything else??????

Downtown you will find:

Museum of Art

Riverwalk

Museum of Discovery and Science/IMAX

Las Olas-shopping, dining, galleries

Broward Center for Performing Arts

Jazz Brunch 1st Sunday of the month

festivals/fairs about once a month