Best day beach in Barbados

dinardo1910

Accra...our favorite beach....beach chairs, umbrellas. Tiki bar for drinks and walk across the street to just grillin for a flying fish sandwich...doesn't get better than that...as long as it is not a Sunday...just grillin is not open till late on Sunday's...

• 3 weeks later...

We went to the BOATYARD on Carlisle Bay. It's $15 admission but that includes beach chair, umbrella, wi-fi AND a free DRINK!!! the food is good there is good flying fish there too! Can't beat that!!! Water is calm and gorgeous. Nothing like seeing schools of fish right next to you

**I recommend going to the Highlands before going to the beach the view is breathtaking (and they make good drinks there too :D)

• 2 weeks later...
Do you know how far of a taxi ride is it to Accra beach and what the cost would be?

We - 2 people - paid $20 US (& tip) for one way. It takes about 15-minutes to get there.

I'm not sure if that is a good amount or not.

We went to the Tiki Bar on Accra a/k/a Rockley Beach. Remember that for 2 Barbados dollars = 1 US. As always, settle on a price before getting inside. Tiki Bar called a cab for our return to the ship & it was there in 5 minutes.

We did not do this, but my notes say to that to get a taxi, go past all the taxi’s by the ship & get a more reasonable one a few streets back.