Brilliance Med/Barcalona Airport

mdmourges

Is it safe to book a flight out of Barcalona that leaves at 12:30pm the same day the cruise ends? It is supposed to get in at 7am. This is for the 8/15/06 cruise. We are Platnium members if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Mark & Janet

Hi!

I have done extensive research on these boards and elsewhere, since we are going on the 9/20/06 Brilliance Med. Cruise.

The only times I can find are ones that leave between 7-9:30ish a.m. - too early for my nerves! You are probably looking at what I am. It is a 12:35 p.m. flight out of BCN to Philly. Then I will go from there to Fort Lauderdale. This flight time is fine. Just make sure you tell them your flight leaves earlier; also it might be helpful to reserve transportation from the pier to the airport yourself- save some time there. Also remember, that BCN will not let you into the area of the airport where you board and where the nice shops are until 2 hours before your flight. Therefore you can't even get into the boarding area until 10:30 a.m., so you should be fine.

Pooh

P.S. If you find an earlier flight that saves you some money, you might want to look into one overnight in Barcelona and leave the next day.

Wow, that price is amazing! If that is the way it might stay and not go down, you might want to consider RCCL's air. The only flights they can use, at least for us, would be out of Miami to either NY or Philly. Therefore would end up with the same flights more than likely. We went with RCCL's airfare at this point to lock in the price of $1139 per person. We can cancel with no penalty up until the middle of July, 2006. So if prices go down, I book; if they stay at what you are finding or go up, I stay with RCCL. You can personalize your air flights for an additional $75 pp.

Just a consideration.

Pooh

If you are Platinum you get that $75.00 waived for custom air. You can choose your flight times and airline. Make sure that you do it early tho. They will charge you if you change the arrangements after the first time.

The BCN airport was a mess when we were trying to check in for our return flights home. The lines were horrible and very very very slow!:eek:

Carrie

We got off the Splender of the SEas in plenty of time to make a 11:30 flight but really suggest that you arrange for airport transportation in advance. The cab line was really long!!!!!! (We waited over an hour for a cab there last year..in the hot sun.)The airport isn't very far from the pier..about 15-20 minutes.

Archived