Carnival's Tabayna Beach Break excursion

MaiTaiMary

This excursion is basically transportation from the cruise terminal to the beach and back. I just noticed that the time listed is "8:15a - 12:15pm". Yet we will be in Roatan from 8:00am - 6:00pm. We were planning on spending the day at the beach. As anybody taken this excursion, and if so, can you tell me if they truly wrap things up at 12:15pm?? :(

The details on the excursion says: "Please note, this excursion’s Duration is, in actuality, “At Your Leisure”, i.e. no set duration (not 1 hour only)."

So I'm confused. Anybody know if the last shuttle (or whatever it is) leaves at 12:15pm?? If so, we might rethink this excursion.

Thanks.

This is such a top snorkeling area, I've gone several times. :) Carnival's transfer, although some consider overpriced, I find a great value, being point to point. It is a distance away.

For your return- they have several return times with the 12:15p being the first shuttle back. They will tell you how late the shuttles will run, so you have more time there if you wish.

For the current information, post your question on the Roatan board.

You've done the excursion with Carnival before? I can't tell if you've making an educated guess because you've been to this beach, or if you've done this Carnival excursion before.

Price isn't an issue. Time at the beach is.

I didn't ask in the Roatan forum, because my question is specific to this Carnival excursion.

Thank you! :)

I figured you'd already gotten your answer to that question as Budget Queen answered it correctly.

"They will tell you how late the shuttle runs" doesn't answer my question. :confused:

Also, it doesn't sound like she has been on this excursion, only to the beach.

I guess I was being too vague. My bad. My question is.... "When does the last shuttle leave?"

Thanks, but I'm asking if the excursion ends at 12:15p or if we will be able to spend the day at the beach.

I've done this excursion several times, and Budget Queen response is correct. Shuttles start returning to the ship at 12:15 and continue through the afternoon. You can get on a later shuttle, but I wouldn't wait for the very last one.

Here's an additional caveat: bring your own snorkel to use. I stayed at Infinity Bay, right next door to Tabyana, and watched the local guy who rents snorkels and fins for $10. When the cruisers leave, he gives the snorkels a quick swish in the beach water, then throws them in a barrel for the next days use. UGH!

"They will tell you how late the shuttle runs" doesn't answer my question. :confused:

Also, it doesn't sound like she has been on this excursion, only to the beach.

I guess I was being too vague. My bad. My question is.... "When does the last shuttle leave?"

The last shuttle is at least an hour and a half before the ship's departure, but every day/sailing is different, so ask during the orientation talk they give you on arrival.

You've done the excursion with Carnival before? I can't tell if you've making an educated guess because you've been to this beach, or if you've done this Carnival excursion before.

Price isn't an issue. Time at the beach is.

I didn't ask in the Roatan forum, because my question is specific to this Carnival excursion.

Thank you! :)

Yes, I have taken this shuttle to Tabyana with the Carnival shore excursion.

Thank you!

Any idea when the last one is?

It would likely be between 3-4pm.

You need to post, your ship on the Carnival board, in a new post, and see if anyone else on the SAME itinerary can answer what their last pick up time was.

I had an earlier departure time on the Glory and Conquest, last year.

Edited by Budget Queen