fascination-where onboard is the ship's name misspelled?

CruiseScrooge

15 years ago, on the Elation, I noticed that the jogging track plaque stated that the route was .xx of a "status mile". Should have been "statute mile". The plaque was engraved in metal. I notified the front desk, and also pointed out some spelling errors in the daily paper.

They sent a bottle of champagne to my room in thanks! So every time you see a grammar or spelling error, let them know!

Don't know about the Fascination, but on the Fantasy a few years back, I bought a souvenir hat in one of the gift shops. When I got back to the cabin, I noticed that the ship's name was spelled "Carnival Fantasty" instead of "Fantasy".

I exchanged the hat, but in retrospect, I wish I had kept it! :)

Garnett

They sent a bottle of champagne to my room in thanks! So every time you see a grammar or spelling error, let them know!

My daughter always found errors on the sign or menu (French part). But we never thought to report them.

My favorite misspelling wasn't on the ship, but on a shirt they sold in the gift shop for over a year. It showed all the West Coast Mexico ports. Ensenada, Mexico was changed to 'Ensendada'. Carnival only goes there 2x a week and stops there when coming back from Hawaii.:rolleyes:

For a few weeks, New Orleans was spelled New Orlearns on the excursion page. Big letters in the page title. Can't find it now so they must have 'caught' it.

Remember when the Funtimes were called the 'Capers' and you could tell it was written by people with English as their second language? Loved those. The new ones aren't nearly as much fun to read...