Black and White night

Deejo

I have a problem with Black and White night on my upcoming cruise to the Carribean. I have had my colours done and I am an Autumn and should never wear Black or White. These colours just drain me. I do have a cream lace dress, do you think that would be acceptable?

I am not happy to eat in the buffet as I feel I should be allowed to use which ever restaurant I choose and should not be restricted by this narrow colour choice. I love to dress up but I am not happy to wear Black or White. Does anyone have any experience of these Black and White nights on P &O and is there any leeway?

• 2 weeks later...
I have a problem with Black and White night on my upcoming cruise to the Carribean. I have had my colours done and I am an Autumn and should never wear Black or White. These colours just drain me. I do have a cream lace dress, do you think that would be acceptable?

I am not happy to eat in the buffet as I feel I should be allowed to use which ever restaurant I choose and should not be restricted by this narrow colour choice. I love to dress up but I am not happy to wear Black or White. Does anyone have any experience of these Black and White nights on P &O and is there any leeway?

We sail with p and o a lot and on the ships we have sailed on at least 90%+ of the people wore b/w.

Your cream outfit sounds the best bet.

No you do not have to stick to the theme, and I have seen others in different colours.

However those that wear bright colours do tend to stick out. Plus be in a small minority.

If you are autumn could you wear navy.

I am sure you will enjoy the cruise.

Thanks, it is always good to know the situation. I will give it some thought, I do have a navy lace dress so could wear that.

I really like to look my best and want to enjoy every evening on the cruise so find this all a bit narrow and disappointing, being restricted to two colours that I am sure many people don't look good in.

I could just have room service but would feel very cheated.

Thanks, it is always good to know the situation. I will give it some thought, I do have a navy lace dress so could wear that.

I really like to look my best and want to enjoy every evening on the cruise so find this all a bit narrow and disappointing, being restricted to two colours that I am sure many people don't look good in.

I could just have room service but would feel very cheated.

No don't stay in your cabin. OH thinks its rather a boring formal night as so many are black or white. Equally it does look smart. It will be the final formal night by the way.

I felt I had to comment on this thread as I thought how would I feel if I planned on wearing a bright red dress and then found so many others in the suggested colours.

Which ship are you on,.

Navy lace sound equally good.

A lot wear black with white accessory.

I am trying to find a black and white dress, I have a black one. If all else fails I have a white wrap.

Not sure how it came about as a colours scheme.

The other theme nights you have on a cruise, true not many if any partake. Except for tropical night. Lots and lots of men men wear really really garish tropical shirts.

Thank you. Most people look great in Black but I don't, and when I had my colours done she told me to never wear anything Black not even mascara!

We are going on Britannia to the Carribean in January.

Someone has suggested that I try grey and I have googled grey formal dresses and some nice ones came up. I might try some on. Otherwise I will wear either my navy or cream lace dress.

Well I've never had my colours done so don't really know what is what but I know I suit warm colours better than neutrals. However we cruise quite regularly so I have several outfits that can be combined to conform to the black and white theme. It is only a theme and the dress code is formal that evening so as long as you're wearing formal you can eat in the MDR. However as the english lady said, 90% of people stick to the theme. Do you have black trousers with maybe a silvery top? Or could you wear your cream lace dress with black accessories - necklace, handbag, shoes, pashmina? Only a couple of suggestions!