Port Canaveral as a port of call

Can anyone tell me what terminal Royal Caribbean uses for ships going there as a port of call... trying to figure out if we are going to be able to walk to jetty park... I know some are too far to safely walk but others are close. ?.

We PA folks are resourseful. Google the port area and you will see you can do it. Take time to stop at one of the restaurants around the port and enjoy some great seafood and an adult beverage. Spent a week at time share by port and jetty park and actually got to see a launch from Space Center from our balcony, awesome site. Do you check out Port Fever web cams? You will be able to see where ships are docking. They are expanding the port so things will be changing in the future.

I cruised out of Baltimore in October on GOS to Bahamas & it included Pt Canaveral, Key West & CocoCay. I originally thought "boring" for everything but Key West. However, I found an excursion on an air boat to see the alligators. I've already been to the space museum. We had a blast. After our ride we just went back to the ship & enjoyed the rest of the day there. I'm sure if I went again I could find something different to do. The biggest draw to me is that I can use my cell phone to call or review emails with no extra charge. Bahamas was a little boring to me because I couldn't find an excursion that sounded good to me. I'm more into sightseeing rather than beach. So we just wandered around the shops then back to the ship.

John and LaLa, tell us how construction is progressing, please. We were last there in Jan. 2014.

Grace

Terminal 1 is finished, it is fabulous to say the least. Grills is remodeled, and the new Homewood suites should be done by end of year. Most of the day trips for Royal use Terminal 3 by Jetty Park. Lots of plans to add a hotel in the Cove area, but nothing so far. Ron Jons had a tiny shop next to T1, but no new retail there besides that.

However, I found an excursion on an air boat to see the alligators.

I've lived in Orlando for 20 years and just did the AirBoat ride this past May. Off of SR 50. Had a BLAST. It was real fun to see how much my DD loved it. Hope you find it just as fun. Happy Sailing!!!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that Port Canaveral is growing in leaps and bounds everyday! We now have Key West style shops at the Plaza along the brand new cruise terminal 1. The Lazy Pirate sells quality, unique, one of a kind pieces of sterling silver jewelry. East Coast Shades sell high end sunglasses to protect your eyes. Ron Jon Surf Shop is there as well. If you are looking for an afternoon of some really good seafood, drinks and kicking your feet up, I recommend the tiki bars along the waterfront. You can walk right from the ships at cruise terminal 1. Fishlips, Rustys, Grills, Bahas all have great food and wonderful views of the ships coming and going thru the port. You almost always will spot dolphins, pelicans diving for fish, turtle, etc. All of the tiki bars have live music. There is also now a bicycle bar that cruises the port. Parasailing, helicopter rides, booze cruise. Lots of new things going on. Check it out. Happy Sailing!!!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that Port Canaveral is growing in leaps and bounds everyday! We now have Key West style shops at the Plaza along the brand new cruise terminal 1. The Lazy Pirate sells quality, unique, one of a kind pieces of sterling silver jewelry. East Coast Shades sell high end sunglasses to protect your eyes. Ron Jon Surf Shop is there as well. If you are looking for an afternoon of some really good seafood, drinks and kicking your feet up, I recommend the tiki bars along the waterfront. You can walk right from the ships at cruise terminal 1. Fishlips, Rustys, Grills, Bahas all have great food and wonderful views of the ships coming and going thru the port. You almost always will spot dolphins, pelicans diving for fish, turtle, etc. All of the tiki bars have live music. There is also now a bicycle bar that cruises the port. Parasailing, helicopter rides, booze cruise. Lots of new things going on. Check it out. Happy Sailing!!!!!