Fireworks Ending on Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway

LauraS

Firstly, I would disagree with your basic premise that the cruise lines have the upper hand. They have a chronic oversupply problem, hence they need to discount heavily or offer this that and the other deal to fill their ships. Supply outstrips demand for many weeks of the year (My inbox is inundated with 'deals' trying to fill their ships).

I am no advocate of a communist system BTW - it has clearly been shown to be fundamentally flawed societal system.

I have already 'shopped around' (see my sig. block). Princess gave me a seriously better deal than I have ever got on NCL and they delivered exactly what they promised - no extra charges appearing with no warning etc..

NCL have managed to alienate a tranche of previous cruisers - the trust element has gone. I will only give a serious wedge of cash to a company that I trust to deliver what I sign up for - NCL no longer have that trust from me (or from my wife which is probably more important!:D)

Exactly, thus the reason I cancelled my Escape cruise and booked with MSC instead. I have no idea what the product is going to be, so I decided to cancel and shop elsewhere. You know, I've never stepped foot onboard an MSC ship, but they have up to this point acted like they really appreciate my business. I haven't felt that about NCL here lately, they have instead treated me like I am replaceable. I work for an airline who has come under intense pressure by Delta in our largest hub in Seattle. Instead of cowering down, we focused on the customer. That in return has led to us seeing record profits, record growth, our loyalty program ranked #1, we were recently named the best mainline carrier in North America by J.D. Power in highest quality of customer satisfaction. We did all this by not doing away with anything in fact we upgraded and expanded our entire onboard product. I know the airline and cruise industry are two different animals but lessons can be learned from each other. Maybe FDR needs to call our CEO Brad Tilden and ask, what is Alaska Airlines doing that maybe be can apply here at NCLH?

You are on a cruise ship, that alone is a benefit. You got to remember to thank God for the blessings we all have.

A benefit I am paying for.

Your thinking is I should be thankful when coned raises my rates, when the price of gas goes up, when the price of food goes up, etc.

Your posts really do not make sense 90% of the time.

A benefit I am paying for.

Your thinking is I should be thankful when coned raises my rates, when the price of gas goes up, when the price of food goes up, etc.

Your posts really do not make sense 90% of the time.

I'm saying you should be thankful that you are successful enough in your personal life to do can afford to Cruise. Are we so jaded as a society that it's becoming wrong or frowned upon to be thankful for the good things in life?

Are there any changes that will make passengers happy?

I have asked that same question myself lol

I am happy when I get what I pay for or I get what I am promised when making a pre-purchase months or years in advance.

Let's put it this way, NCL is becoming the RyanAir of cruising, and if you disagree why not read Cruise Critics article about NCL becoming the nickel and dime king of cruising.

As an FYI I have no problem with the extra fees that are going to the workers, I have a problem with the guest experience being watered down, if you look at the dailies you will see demonstration after demonstration, cooking, towel folding etc. I do not cruise to learn how to fold laundry, I cruise for the fun experience and yes that would include fireworks, just as parents will tell you the Nickelodeon stuff is a big drawer for their children and by removing this type of stuff makes their purchase of a cruise less worth while for them.

Edited by iimmie

Not sarcasm, one of my daughters is part of the "Pyro Spectaculars" crew. They set up and set off the NYC Macy's July 4th fireworks show. She told me that if she can NOT set up the show (Plan to be on the Breakaway for July 4th) then she wants to see them. Chose that ship because of the fireworks. Right now she is getting ready to set off fireworks for the NYC Broadway opening of Hamilton.

Well, that's a first for me... of all the things to consider before booking... fireworks (or lack thereof) was never even on the list much less the deciding factor in choosing a cruise. I guess if you have some sort of professional attachment to pyrotechnics your options will be non-existent on NCL in the future.

Well, that's a first for me... of all the things to consider before booking... fireworks (or lack thereof) was never even on the list much less the deciding factor in choosing a cruise. I guess if you have some sort of professional attachment to pyrotechnics your options will be non-existent on NCL in the future.

Yes I purposely booked the port side PH for the fireworks. This has been a 2 years ahead planned cruise for my entire family, including 4 children so yes to me it is a big deal.