Booking on UK website

jandj1224

Also, I believe that if you buy a cruise reward onboard it will be only usable on a future UK booking.

Probably not.

I never did it with a UK booking but when I book through CE and buy a cruise reward that has a € amount on it I can use it as a deposit when booking through a US TA as a $250 deposit.

I would be surprised if it was different for the UK.

Cruise rewards are fully transferable. to any cruise booking location or other cruiser just need their latitudes No.

it is not just price where UK can be better(not always).

headline price includes tips.

Choice promotion, the benefits include any gratuities, considerable on UBP.

Insides can get UBP on some cruises.

Also check EU prices sometimes they are even cheaper than the UK ones also if you book through Germany final payment is only 28 days.

Use a UK/EU PCC and you can get similar benefits to a US PCC as they can do changes without the fees and sometime will help with price drops.

Lost deposit is the big down side, less of a problem for late booking where the chance of changing your mind is low.

A UK PCC will not help with a price drop or changes. The price is the price.

I've seen several members reporting here being able to get at least one price drop applied by paying somekind of processing fee (per person?).

Edited by Demonyte

I am in the UK and have a UK booking for the Escape in January, there has been a price drop. I wasn't so concerned about that but the possibility of changing my Mum's ocean view to a balcony. I spoke with NCL and the response was it will be at the prices you booked at and the upgrade price will be calculated from that.

They were very polite but said they cannot process price drops or anything else.

If you have information to the contrary I would be very interested to hear.

At least for the July promotion, if you book via the UK site and take the UDP or UBP the gratuities are included in the promotion, making it an actual 'free' promo. Booking the similar promo in the US, you'd have to pay 18% gratuity on the retail price of the package.

I've seen several members reporting here being able to get at least one price drop applied by paying somekind of processing fee (per person?).

NCL Germany let's you make changes to your booking for a processing fee of 50 € if your cruise is more than 31 days out ... the price for my cruise dropped two weeks after I booked, so I called and asked to change my cabin category (from inside to inside mid-ship). Even with a slighty higher cabin category and the 50 € it was way cheaper.

The UK terms seem to be a bit tighter ... more than 60 days before departure:

Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed holiday, you must notify us as soon as possible and in any event more than 60 days (or more than 90 days for Suites and above (category S1-SI)) before departure. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. Where we can, an amendment fee of £35 per person per change will be payable together with any costs incurred by ourselves and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. It may be possible to make changes at a later stage but the costs involved in doing so will be higher.

Have you tried the .eu website? At one point my cruise was €1000 cheaper on it than on the UK site. Even now it is still several hundred Euro cheaper on the European site. Unfortunately my TA booked me through the UK site and I could not take advantage of the price drop. Based on my experience I would stay well clear of the UK site.

Very interesting....

We have a balcony room and Mum is in an ocean view and a long way away from us. My Mum will be with us alone as Dad is on his last palliative care now. I don't mind paying a fee to change I would just like her to be closer to us.

Maybe I will try again.....

our cruise is 6 months out.

A good UK PCC can work with you, that is not the same as calling the UK office, to give you a better deal when things change, not all changes will be possible.

Tee first thing to look at is moving cabins within grade so you are closer any change where you pay more money makes a change easier.