Snorkle then beach...eagle ray??

Scarlet and grey

I have read about eagle ray tours for snorkeling, however all the reviews are older. Anyone have any recent experiences with Eagle Ray or any other snorkle tours?

Then we would like the rest of the day to be a beach, any suggestions besides the usual Mr. Sanchos? Probably not interested in All Inclusive since it will only be for a few hours.

Thanks!

Mine was probably one of those older reviews - we were happy a couple of years ago.

Closer than PB or Mr. Sanchos (so less cab fare) is the Money Bar - great snorkeling from the shore (in case you want to see more after your reef tour!), good facilities, no admission fee. No beach (you enter the water via steps), but there is a sandy area for sunning and relaxing. Good food/drinks/service/facilities.

Money Bar has a pier, so your snorkel tour could possibly drop you off there saving you the cab from the marina.

And lots of time snorkel/dive boats go tot he reef right there.

Eagle Ray has a really good dive operation, not sure on their snorkeling but since most spots are around the same reefs, I'd venture to say the snorkeling would be as good as the diving.

I used them 3 years ago for snorkelling, and probably would NOT book again for that. I think they are great for the divers, but if you are a beginner snorkeler, it was tough. It is all deep water went to. We were in the water for 3-30 minute stretches. They dropped us at the money bar after. I wish we had just gone there on our own.

You got your money's worth, they were great to deal with, but it was hard.

And lots of time snorkel/dive boats go tot he reef right there.

Yeah- they do.

I think if I were booking a snorkeling excursion, unless it was a LONG one with 3+ stops, I would verify it DIDN'T go to Dzul Ha. You can do that for way less money just by taking a cab to Money Bar.