Best Lunch place for trip to Sapphire Beach?

Warm-Water Diver

We will be renting a car so we'll be able to go just about anywhere on the East End.

I've been to Duffy's, what a waste. In a parking lot. Service was horrible. Had to wait 10 minutes to get our drinks and we there only 7 people in the whole place. And drink prices just plain OUTRAGEOUS. You have to buy their glass so $15 for a drink!

It'd be nice to find a place with good pub food like Fried/Steamed Oysters, and Shrimp etc?

Fish Tales in Red Hook has oysters and shrimp. You do know they aren't local, though, I hope. They also have local fish like wahoo, mahi, etc. It is on the marina.

Sapphire Bar & Grill is at Sapphire Village, not at the beach.

Off the Grid is a BBQ truck at the entrance to Sapphire. You can pick up some BBQ, sides, drinks and eat on the beach.

You might like the food and atmosphere at Cariga's which is past Red Hook near Food Center. Very popular with locals and it's on the edge of the mangroves. Patrons and staff very friendly. Unique environment. Check website for menu.

Our favorite lunch when staying at Sapphire is the mahi mahi sandwich at Banana Cabana right on the beach. $14 but oh so good and nothing in Red Hook compares :)

Duffy's is a later evening spot to lose your inhibitions :p

Fish Tails is the best option for more fish options in the immediate area.

http://fishtailsvi.com

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure what the name of it was. We did the same thing, we rented a car, then after the beach headed out and stopped at the bbq truck, the brisket was the best!!!

Great view , eating outdoors and great food. I didn't want to eat at the beach because of all the bugs.

My dh wants to go back just for the bbq!!

I am not sure what the name of it was. We did the same thing, we rented a car, then after the beach headed out and stopped at the bbq truck, the brisket was the best!!!

Great view , eating outdoors and great food. I didn't want to eat at the beach because of all the bugs.

"Off The Grid"

Have read mixed reviews but haven't tried it yet..

"Off The Grid"

https://www.facebook.com/offthegridUSVI

Have read mixed reviews but haven't tried it yet...

None of the "Off the Grid" trucks are walking distance to Magens or town.

Red Hook has between 20 or 30 restaurants at various price points and food types. Fish Tails is a good option for fish and has a raw bar. Molly Malones is pub fare at reasonable prices. XO is very high quality food but does have pizza too. Tap and Still is a "Five Guys" type burger place everything is served in paper bags and the menu is limited to burgers and wing type food. The food is good and for St. Thomas it is cheap. There are so many others there as well, just to mention a few Caribbean Saloon, Senior Frogs, Fat Boys, Subway, Melt, etc.

Having said all that parking in Red Hook is difficult unless you pay to go into one of the parking lots so unless food is a big issue just go to Sapphire and order from Banana Cabana, Off the Grid or Sapphire Grill.

are any of those satellites walking distance to magen's bay, and or walking distance to charlotte amalie downtown shopping area?

thanks for the info

cjmx: There is nothing really within walking distance of Magens, except for the restaurants at Magens Point, which now has a new name. Downtown restaurants: Cuzzin's and Cafe Amalie....

that is very helpful for my planning. I wanted to take a taxi to magen's bay and then do shopping afterwards, but i just realized it is a sunday and the shops will be closed at one?

At least that is what i read?