Secaucus to Manhattan Cruise Port

mystifyny

I was wondering if anyone has actually taken the NJ Transit #320 bus from the Secaucus Hotel Area to the Port Authority Bus Terminal with Luggage. It does appear the buses are they Grayhound type and they have under luggage storage. (we would be doing this route round trip)

I have read that this was an option but I have not been able to find any reviews of anyone actually doing this. This appears to be the most economical option but is it worth the hassle if there even is a hassle?

Our Cruise would be leaving on a Sunday and returning on a Friday. I assume the bus runs 7 days a week?

On paper it seems easy, most of the hotels have the bus stop right out front and the hotels appear to have free parking while on the cruise.

I am just concerned about handling the luggage. There will be 3 of us traveling we would probably have 2 large (24"-28") suitcases with a carry on.

My DH thinks a car service would be less stressful, but i think something like that would cost about $150 round trip? Correct me if I am wrong there or if someone could tell me what they paid for taxi or private car service.

I believe these are commuter buses, with no place to store luggage. I don't know how crowded it woul be on a Sunday morning (DH and my dad commuted to the city on these buses for decades, and were happy on the days they got a seat). I'm guessing the parking would be unsecured. The car service cost sounds about right.

Thanks Carol,

I had read that thread but a lot can happen in 3 years different buses, routes etc.

I was looking for someones input who had actually done this or of they ended up taking a taxi and the cost of the taxi.

I don't think getting a taxi to Manhattan will be the issue but getting one back from Manhattan to Secaucus my be.

Thanks Carol,

I had read that thread but a lot can happen in 3 years different buses, routes etc.

I was looking for someones input who had actually done this or of they ended up taking a taxi and the cost of the taxi.

I don't think getting a taxi to Manhattan will be the issue but getting one back from Manhattan to Secaucus my be.

Contact Secaucus Taxi. They are the recommended provider for Secaucus. Train to Secaucus Junction and taxi to the hotel is also an option.

I spoke with the Meadowlands River Inn and was assured that people take their luggage all the time on the #320 bus to Port Authority. There is storage below for large items. This is what we are planning to do in June 2016.