Live reports from our Baltic cruise on Oceania Marina

artbcpa

artbcpa,

Thank you for your informative review. I must say that I am amazed that you picked a Viking ship for your river cruise. I would have expected a suite ship.

Actually that was the exact point we were making. You don't have to be in a suite to have a great time. In this case it was the cruise director - Bayan - that made this a very special cruise.

By the way, we often don't travel in a suite. It depends on the ship and itinerary. The nicest suite we have sailed in was on the Wind Star - a sailing ship where they put two regular rooms together with two full baths, two walk-in closets, two of everything. We have never booked a 2,000 sq. ft. owner's suite like the one I posted pictures of.

With regard to suites on river cruises, lots of companies - including Viking - have suites on their ship. As mentioned, a couple even are all suites. But we choose river cruises primarily for the itinerary and timing. I have been on river cruise with three different companies and find much less differences between them them. I had a great time on all of them.

I also want to thank you for this thread. I found it very informative. We will be sailing on the Marina on this itinerary next year combining it with the prior cruise. I really appreciated you pictures and descriptions of the ports you visited as well as the guides you used.

Terri