Carnival drink packages

Wiredusk

Hello! My husband and I are leaving for our 3rd cruise on August 23rd. (carnival Pride) My question is, has anyone tried/been able to purchase the drink package for only themselves and not both guests over 21 in their room?

We are going this time with my in laws and it was gift..sort of. My in laws won a free cruise for each of them and a guest. The catch was that my mother in law had to book our rooms as me and her in one and my father in law and my husband in the other in order for it to be truly free. My in laws do not drink at all..and my husband and I each want to purchase the drink package but the "rules" say that each person in a cabin over 21 has to buy it. Thanks in advance!

Hello! My husband and I are leaving for our 3rd cruise on August 23rd. (carnival Pride) My question is, has anyone tried/been able to purchase the drink package for only themselves and not both guests over 21 in their room?

We are going this time with my in laws and it was gift..sort of. My in laws won a free cruise for each of them and a guest. The catch was that my mother in law had to book our rooms as me and her in one and my father in law and my husband in the other in order for it to be truly free. My in laws do not drink at all..and my husband and I each want to purchase the drink package but the "rules" say that each person in a cabin over 21 has to buy it. Thanks in advance!

Just change who goes in what room at Guest Services once you are onboard and then purchase the package afterward.

We'll head to guest services when we get there, thanks! We called carnival directly and they said in order to switch rooms with them over the phone we would have to pay whatever the cruise rate is right now. So we'll take our chances at guest services when we got onboard. Thanks again!

I don't see that the OP said she was traveling with anyone other than her husband. Did I miss something? Who would she be switching rooms with?

That's OK. It didn't show for me either...Some people look for anything to belittle..

Edited by volmoma

Only showed she was traveling with her DH....SAME QUESTION...SAME ANSWER....everyone in room OVER 21 has to purchase CHEERS card if one person decides to purchase. Change cruisers around to accommodate, one legal, one not... ONLY WAY TO AVOID. Some have provided DR's statement stating pregnancy. Still not sure it gets them out of purchasing CHEERS card.. have heard it going both ways.

I see it above in the quote ok.

Edited by stobe1

EXACTLY....Stobe1, the FULL original post DID NOT post.. Only answered the question that we saw.

I understand that some of you may not have seen the full post for some odd reason.

I'm still confused about your remark about belittling. Can you point out where that occurred? Maybe I'm missing something somewhere and CC is having an evening of technical difficulties.

Edited by stobe1

I understand that some of you may not have seen the full post for some odd reason.

I'm still confused about your remark about belittling. Can you point out where that occurred? Maybe I'm missing something somewhere and CC is having an evening of technical difficulties.

Post #5... I took your response to indicate we weren't smart enough to read entire post. If it wasn't meant in that way, I apologize and please forgive me. But A LOT of people here seem to think they know everything, about everything and if you stray from what they think they know it's implied your an idiot. Those people wonder why you even asked that silly question or that question has been asked a 100 times before, SEARCH IT. They don't take into consideration it could be the posters first cruise or first time on CC. Those people would argue with a fence post. CRUISE ON!!!

Post #5... I took your response to indicate we weren't smart enough to read entire post. If it wasn't meant in that way, I apologize and please forgive me. But A LOT of people here seem to think they know everything, about everything and if you stray from what they think they know it's implied your an idiot. Those people wonder why you even asked that silly question or that question has been asked a 100 times before, SEARCH IT. They don't take into consideration it could be the posters first cruise or first time on CC. Those people would argue with a fence post. CRUISE ON!!!

I didn't see the second part of the post either. I agree with most of the above. I guess the place has Critic in it for a reason. OP could have been trying to be helpful, but who knows? Just wanted to say that I get where you are coming from.

I didn't see the second part of the post either. I agree with most of the above. I guess the place has Critic in it for a reason. OP could have been trying to be helpful, but who knows? Just wanted to say that I get where you are coming from.

[emoji41]