Has HAL gotten rid of its "house" wines by the glass?

elycelynne

I wonder which superb vintages HAL serves by the glass?

That's easy! None. There were a couple of 95+ point wines on the bottle list, but nothing by the glass. Most of the by the glass wines were in the mid 80s. Ironically, the highest rated Cabernet Sauvignon on the glass list in 2014 was the house Cab - which was roundly hated here on the board. That's fine, I guess. I get my wine information from magazines, websites, and as much tasting as I can manage.

One of the first things I do when we get on the ship is "run the list," because I still have free cellular data. All the by the glass wines were good to very good. That's not unusual. It's the same for most restaurants. I'll research the wine list even though we've carried on most everything we're going to drink. It's a sickness.

Edited by POA1

One of the first things I do when we get on the ship is "run the list," because I still have free cellular data. All the by the glass wines were good to very good. That's not unusual. It's the same for most restaurants. I'll research the wine list even though we've carried on most everything we're going to drink. It's a sickness.

My ideas of "searching the wine list" is to cadge a taste from anyone with an open bottle. I've yet to find anyone's scores to be uniformly in agreement with mine - as to relative scores, that is. Some of that could be bottle to bottle fluctuation, but most is just the vagaries of taste.