Lucca and Pisa DIY?

Doughty3

Hi, to correct my previous post, the shuttle buses are at Piazza Municipio (not Municipale).

For the return run some people were waving their return tickets, some didn't. I tried to pay but the driver waved me past.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Has anyone taken a taxi from the ship to Lucca? Just wondered what the cost would be. Just thinking that if we got to Lucca quite quickly, we could take our time returning by train via Pisa. We have looked at tours but they seem to have a guide and we just want to wander around Lucca at our leisure. Otherwise, the ship's trip to Lucca is reasonable so could possibly take that one way but not return with them.

If we can't get a one-way ride on the ship's shuttle back to the ship, does anyone know the cost for a taxi?

It would be less then 20€, assuming they run the meter. Taxis from the port are another matter since the taxis that wait in the port are often looking for long hauls and will refuse short fares.

Hank

We too missed Lucca on our Tuscany land trip...we focused more on the southern towns. Planning on going there next year on a cruise stop and doing the bike ride on the walls.

Thanks for posting all this....still debating whether to find a couple other like minded cruisers on a roll call to share a taxi there and back. I don't know how easy it would be to find a taxi in Lucca though.

Livorno is just so user vicious. Our ship will have a free shuttle into Livorno, so just doing the bus/train is also on option. It's just the transfer from shuttle to bus to train to another train seems like such a PITA, that I would gladly fork over more money for a taxi...at least for one way.

Thanks for all the great info. My husband and I are on board the Azamara Quest and will be in Livorno on Thurs. Sept 7am to 10pm. After reading everyone's posts we'd love to find a like minded couple to share either a taxi or private tour. Are you in port that day?

Thanks for all the great info. My husband and I are on board the Azamara Quest and will be in Livorno on Thurs. Sept 7am to 10pm. After reading everyone's posts we'd love to find a like minded couple to share either a taxi or private tour. Are you in port that day?

No...just gathering info for our cruise next year.

You might want to post on your roll call to see if someone is interested in sharing a taxi to Lucca. That's probably what I'll try first. Coming back we'll probably just do the train/taxi combo.