Pics of inside/balcony cabin for four adults on BA

sunbird21

Hi all,

My heading is pretty self explanatory, I'm looking to see if anyone has actual photos of either BA cabin set up for four people( with four separate beds). I'm traveling with two friends, and a third may join in- we are debating whether the fourth will get a studio or if we will try to cram into one.

I've tried searching for pics online, but the only ones I've come across show one big bed, a sofa and a pull down- I'm trying to visualize with two twins in place of the queen bed.

Also, any advice from anyone who has shared a cabin with three other adults and not killed anyone? Any organizational items to bring, etc??

Thanks,

Stacey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

My heading is pretty self explanatory, I'm looking to see if anyone has actual photos of either BA cabin set up for four people( with four separate beds). I'm traveling with two friends, and a third may join in- we are debating whether the fourth will get a studio or if we will try to cram into one.

I've tried searching for pics online, but the only ones I've come across show one big bed, a sofa and a pull down- I'm trying to visualize with two twins in place of the queen bed.

Also, any advice from anyone who has shared a cabin with three other adults and not killed anyone? Any organizational items to bring, etc??

Thanks,

Stacey

Would never do more then 2 adults

Ok, thank you guys for your opinions.....

Now for anyone else who has actually done it.....pictures????

That's rather rude. They are giving you informed opinions in lieu of pictures (which are easy to find with Google image search). Pictures can also be deceiving depending on angle and lens used, so in this case first-hand experience actually matter more than a picture.

Hi all,

BA cabin set up for four people( with four separate beds). I'm traveling with two friends, and a third may join in- we are debating whether the fourth will get a studio or if we will try to cram into one.

Depends... four hot chicks, or four fat slobby dudes?

The answers are different for each.

First of all, I did thank them for their opinions.

Second of all, I was trying to prevent this from turning into a thread of ppl saying" don't travel with 3-4 ppl in a cabin." I understand that that's their opinion, but this is what our plans are, and I am trying to get answers from people who have done it, and asking for pictures (because I'm sure there are ppl that have taken them) so that I can get a visual. IMO, that is what will be helpful to ME, hence why I asked in the first place.

First of all, I did thank them for their opinions.

Second of all, I was trying to prevent this from turning into a thread of ppl saying" don't travel with 3-4 ppl in a cabin." I understand that that's their opinion, but this is what our plans are, and I am trying to get answers from people who have done it, and asking for pictures (because I'm sure there are ppl that have taken them) so that I can get a visual. IMO, that is what will be helpful to ME, hence why I asked in the first place.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ncl+getaway+balcony+cabin&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CB4QsARqFQoTCJz_2q_8n8cCFQIGkgod5FMCLQ&biw=1457&bih=948

Jeez...she asked for pictures, not opinions or sarcasm.

Here's one pic of a balcony made up for 4 people: 12130-1_zps97b1407c.jpg.

Here's another:

12130-2_zpsc914bc4c.jpg

And here's an inside:

11985379774_30c022d15d_b.jpg

I'm sure you can see...it would be pretty tight. But if you're just using the room to sleep, maybe it won't be such a big deal. I almost would rather do an inside...the balcony would be a bit of a waste if only two people could be out there (the balconies are small, unless you're in an aft balcony, in which case there's plenty of room for 4!).

Jeez...she asked for pictures, not opinions or sarcasm.

Here's one pic of a balcony made up for 4 people: 12130-1_zps97b1407c.jpg.

Here's another:

12130-2_zpsc914bc4c.jpg

And here's an inside:

11985379774_30c022d15d_b.jpg

I'm sure you can see...it would be pretty tight. But if you're just using the room to sleep, maybe it won't be such a big deal. I almost would rather do an inside...the balcony would be a bit of a waste if only two people could be out there (the balconies are small, unless you're in an aft balcony, in which case there's plenty of room for 4!).

Thank you very much for your response- this is exactly what I wanted to see [emoji18]

Hey Sunbird, I don't know what kind of promotion you made your booking with, but I was in a similar situation with four people last year. I was trying to get two adjoining cabins, or even across the hall, but they were sold out. They gave me a really incredible deal on a Haven 2BR. It was substantially less than the online listed price. It might be worth a call.

Hey Sunbird, I don't know what kind of promotion you made your booking with, but I was in a similar situation with four people last year. I was trying to get two adjoining cabins, or even across the hall, but they were sold out. They gave me a really incredible deal on a Haven 2BR. It was substantially less than the online listed price. It might be worth a call.

Hey!

I just have the perk special( which the three of us are using for shore excursions). I did call my PCC, she didn't mention anything about the Haven-but then again there are about 25 balconies that could accommodate four left on our sailing. Depending on whenever this fourth girl decides/is able to commit, that may be an option if they sell out.

Right now, it's about $700 pp for the balcony, $800 for a mini. I don't think I can get the others to pay too much more than that- the one trying to bring her friend actually wanted to stick with an inside but I put my foot down on that one.

If your Haven 2 bed was anything close to those ranges, let me know... You can email me at sgombar21 via the email acct with G ;p if you would rather not post here. But thanks for the heads up!

How did you get the haven less than what it is listed for on their website? I have asked my PCC about any discounted prices and she just quotes what is listed. If the upsell department would just call I would take a H5 off their hands and pay the upsell cost!!!:D

I told the woman on the phone that she had pretty eyes. No, they were just running a special on the 2BR suites. It was two weeks to sailing and they had 3 of those left.

I'll email you Stacey.

How did you get the haven less than what it is listed for on their website? I have asked my PCC about any discounted prices and she just quotes what is listed. If the upsell department would just call I would take a H5 off their hands and pay the upsell cost!!!:D

You can call the upsell dept. I called last week for my GEM cruise and she said there were no Haven upsells but then put me on hold and offered me one for a discounted price ($800 pp less than advertised on site) call M-F 9am-5pm EST 1-800-625-4309

Thanks Tireze-I did call the upsell department today but was told that they won't have upsells for my cruise on 10/4 until 2 weeks before sailing. When is your cruise? And she said they do not call with offers-they email. Don't know if anything she said is true. I thought there has been fellow CC that received upsells earlier than 2 weeks out??

For those that supplied photos...thank you. While my wife and I have done different cabins for many years. We will be taking my sister (and her granddaughter) on their first ever cruise on the Escape and squeezing four into an inside is going to be tight, but it's the only way I can make it work financially. Looking at the photos, I think we'll be fine.

Thanks Tireze-I did call the upsell department today but was told that they won't have upsells for my cruise on 10/4 until 2 weeks before sailing. When is your cruise? And she said they do not call with offers-they email. Don't know if anything she said is true. I thought there has been fellow CC that received upsells earlier than 2 weeks out??

My cruise is in 3 1/2 weeks so it was about 4 weeks when I called....she said there were NO upsells for the whole cruise, but put me on hold and did it

Tiki, I think you are on my cruise!! Yes, right now Haven is about $1500 pp- we will see. I talked to my friend who is pretty much holding at the balcony, but if we get that, I'll be ok I think. Though the free offers and butler sound tempting.... She reminded me it's her first cruise (ever) so it prob wouldn't be fair to expose her to the top of the line and then she has to go back to insides eventually lol.

I do appreciate the feedback and pics from everyone - no matter what, being on the ship will be better than being at work!!

SB21-your friend is correct-don't start in the Haven. My first cruise was an inside. Since our 3rd cruise onward-we have booked a balcony. We are doing home renovations this year so was trying to save some money. They announced the UBP for insides so I booked a inside gty. Was assigned a inside on deck 5. Wasn't crazy about being under the breakaway stage so paid $30/person to move to a mid ship inside on 11. So, my strategy when I booked was 1) see what gty cabin I was assigned (done) 2) Watch prices and upgrade if they drop to acceptable level 3) I really would like a Haven cabin (hubby is beyond stressed and tired from his job-would like to be able to book it (and surprise him :D) but wow-$2999/each for a H5-no way. So just watching prices (now with the added benefits I don't know if they will drop-they have pretty much stayed the same since I booked 2 months ago. I would gladly pay $750/person for a lonely H5!!! I even called the upsell dept-but too early

We have never sailed NCL before but are doing so this October. We have two teenage sons and have sailed in many different combos of cabin. Usually the boys have an inside opposite our balcony but we have done 4 in an inside and balcony. It is a little cramped but certainly worth doing rather than not going. We are virtually never in our cabin even when we do have a balcony. You will have a great time no matter what.

This year we booked an inside for all 4 of us on Jade when the third and fourth person free was running in UK. I did that online then noticed that I was missing out on free beverage by not having at least ocean view. Called and for a few hundred pounds they moved us to an obstructed view room, which is disabled. I protested at that but was told that all these cabins are disabled. It looks quite big but if anyone has photos that would be great.

I have done 4 in multiple inside and balcony cabins on many NCL ships. It is definitely doable.

May I suggest that with all the specials, you may want to book that 4th person, even before they commit. If you happen to be getting 3-4 person free (only taxes) even if after final payment you could remove the person if they don't go and get those taxes back.

If you try to add the 4th person, you may not be good to go because of lifeboat capacity issues or even new promotions which may cost more