Carnival Cruiser on Ruby Princess?

Cruznjuly

I haven't been on the Ruby Princess before but I have sailed on other Princess ships. Be forewarned that your children might be a little bored during sea days. My little sister was 12/13 years old and she didn't find many activities that she was interested in onboard; however, she never goes to the kids programs so maybe they're more enjoyable. :)

Like everyone else was saying, the Princess ships are so elegantly designed and decorated compared to Carnival ships and it sounds like a great middle ground for your family. I hope you guys enjoy your vacation!

I thought the Breeze was pretty elegant and tastefully decorated. [emoji4]

My 13 yo (by then 14) being bored is definitely a concern... no arcade, water slide, or indoor theater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just three.

Thanks!

A big concern with Princess. Princess has a habit of 'upgrading' pax. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes not. You might get notification.

Search for threads that explain this better than I can.

Thanks!

A big concern with Princess. Princess has a habit of 'upgrading' pax. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes not. You might get notification.

Search for threads that explain this better than I can.

Oh I just read something about that! Someone got moved a few decks up and ended up being below something noisy! I painstakingly choose my cabin so that would be frustrating!

Oh I just read something about that! Someone got moved a few decks up and ended up being below something noisy! I painstakingly choose my cabin so that would be frustrating!

Thats a prime reason to mark the booking either no upgrade or

META upgrade only.

That would be to the next higher Category ie; outdside-balcony-mini-suite etc.

Thats a prime reason to mark the booking either no upgrade or

META upgrade only.

That would be to the next higher Category ie; outside-balcony-mini-suite etc.

In other words, if you do not know if your booking is marked to not accept an upgrade, contact your TA (or Princess if no TA is involved) and have it so marked.

• 9 months later...

IMHO Carnival takes a win in the food and cabin categories, but Princess takes the win in overall ship decor. The service is very good on both, with perhaps a slight edge to Carnival. Princess seems to pay more attention to detail in ship maintenance. My first Princess cruise was a 10...my 2nd one, not so much, more like a 6 1/2. Hoping to get back up much closer to the 10 on the 3rd. On Carnival, it seems more consistent...a solid 8 with slight variations in either direction. The addition of Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Iguana Cantina at the last dry dock made my last Carnival trip a 10 on the Inspiration, an old ship that seems new again. In my book, it's all good...after all I am at sea and not at work.