Seattle heads up this weekend

frankc98376

Default Seattle heads up this weekend

Just a heads up for this weekend- Aug 15th and 16th- Hempfest will be causing lots of congestion along the waterfront.

Give yourself extra time to get to the pier if leaving this weekend. If returning from cruise head north (unless you want to partake in Hempfest).

If you do decide to walk through the festival I'm sure you will appreciate the Lido a lot more once on board.:D

We are cruising out tomorrow. I was in the city all day today (GREAT DAY despite the rain) but traffic when I left the city was terrible. I am staying in the renton area. Thinking I should probably find something to do/eat out of the city???

I have to return my rental car in the city and then get shuttled to pier...thoughts on AM traffic? I was planning to head there approx. 1030 am?

We are cruising out tomorrow. I was in the city all day today (GREAT DAY despite the rain) but traffic when I left the city was terrible. I am staying in the renton area. Thinking I should probably find something to do/eat out of the city???

I have to return my rental car in the city and then get shuttled to pier...thoughts on AM traffic? I was planning to head there approx. 1030 am?

AM traffic will probably be bad as will pedestrian traffic. I don't know where you'll be turning in your car but if it's at the airport I'd plan on at least an hour to the pier. If it's downtown somewhere it's going to be at least a half hour probably. If you arrive at Pier 91 between 10:15-10:30am you may be able to turn your bags in to a porter and get upstairs to go through security and in-processing fairly soon. After you hand over your bags to a porter, head for door #2 as that will open for carry-on bags only at about that time. After 10:30 till around 2pm lines will usually be long. Lines get shorter normally about 2-2:30 or so. So, pick your poison.

Realize also that up till about 10:30am you will still have the last of the 53-5400 passengers coming off the Crowne and Westernam so it will be crowded. But few, if any, of the buses from the airport or hotels will have arrived by that time.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Tom

Thank you. We are sailing NCL so we leave out of Pier 66. I have to return to Alamo downtown. I plan to leave Renton at 1030, return approx. 11 (if traffic isn't bad) and they shuttle to the pier from there.

Am I crazy to consider going back into the city right now? I would like to see the market at night and have dinner there somewhere but not sure if this is a good idea????

Thank you. We are sailing NCL so we leave out of Pier 66. I have to return to Alamo downtown. I plan to leave Renton at 1030, return approx. 11 (if traffic isn't bad) and they shuttle to the pier from there.

Am I crazy to consider going back into the city right now? I would like to see the market at night and have dinner there somewhere but not sure if this is a good idea????

It's probably too late...but besides Hempfest there's the Seahawks first preseason game going on right now at CenturyLink Field. I hope you stayed in Renton!

If you haven't gone to dinner yet, there are quite a few decent restaurants down in Renton--Melrose Grill (steaks), Naan & Curry (Indian/Pakistani), Royal Orchid (Thai), Whistle Stop Ale House (pub food), Heaven Sent Chicken (takeout spicy fried chicken that's famous for being so good, it made Oprah blow one of her many diets!)

It's probably too late...but besides Hempfest there's the Seahawks first preseason game going on right now at CenturyLink Field. I hope you stayed in Renton!

If you haven't gone to dinner yet, there are quite a few decent restaurants down in Renton--Melrose Grill (steaks), Naan & Curry (Indian/Pakistani), Royal Orchid (Thai), Whistle Stop Ale House (pub food), Heaven Sent Chicken (takeout spicy fried chicken that's famous for being so good, it made Oprah blow one of her many diets!)

Thank you I just saw this today but we did opt to avoid the city. We went to Westfield mall and ate at the new Mexican place there which was really good:))

IF we are sailing Princess on August 23, would arriving at Pier 91 at noon be a good plan?

Arrival at noon will put you smack in the middle of the busiest arrival time at the pier. If you want to avoid lines and are not concerned about getting on board the Ruby early on, the best time to arrive at Pier 91 would be around 2:00-2:30pm as lines will be almost all gone at that time (normally.)

If you want to get on board as early as possible and will have carry-on bags only, then you might want to arrive about 10:00-10:30am as they normally allow early arrivals who have carry-on only to go upstairs and begin processing then. Boarding the ship normally begins no earlier than 11:30am.

Tom

IF we are sailing Princess on August 23, would arriving at Pier 91 at noon be a good plan?

We are on the Ruby right now headed to Victoria/

Had a wonderful cruise and excellent weather....gorgeous sunny skies today.

when we left last Sunday we got to the pier early and boarding started at 11:15am....if you have a preferred boarding pass ( green ), then you can get on then.....lines were not bad.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Off the top of anyone's head, any events in Seattle we should be aware next Saturday traffic-wise (Aug 29)? We'll be driving down from the north the same day. I saw a few events when I did a Google search, but have no clue of what size they are or their proximity to the port ;) Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Off the top of anyone's head, any events in Seattle we should be aware next Saturday traffic-wise (Aug 29)? We'll be driving down from the north the same day. I saw a few events when I did a Google search, but have no clue of what size they are or their proximity to the port ;) Thanks!

Doesn't appear anything major going on (except normal summer tourist season) next weekend.

If you are using pier 66 be aware of the waterfront construction. If pier 91- lots of traffic at the pier area with two ships and surface street access. Just normal Saturday stuff. Noon to 1 pm usually tends to be the busiest time.

We are on the Peninsula and go over the night before and stay near the pier. We use the Armory parking so don't have to deal with the Pier mess (other than on the shuttle)

Great, thank you! Our first time sailing out of Seattle, we usually sail from pretty much right down the road from our place in Vancouver. We have a reservation at the Armory, hoping to sneak in after the noon crush but not cut it too close!

Great, thank you! Our first time sailing out of Seattle, we usually sail from pretty much right down the road from our place in Vancouver. We have a reservation at the Armory, hoping to sneak in after the noon crush but not cut it too close!

I like to get to the Armory parking lot at around 10:45am. Got one of the first shuttles over to the pier, very few people, no lines and excellent time to get there. In June we were on the ship at 11:35am, up our room to drop off the carry on bags and down the the Da Vinci Dining room at Noon for a nice lunch. You'll have a wonderful time, enjoy.

There is a rather large gaming convention going on in Seattle August 28th-31st, which brings in excess of 25,000+ people per day into the downtown core. Traffic may be heavier on Saturday coming into Seattle.

There is a rather large gaming convention going on in Seattle August 28th-31st, which brings in excess of 25,000+ people per day into the downtown core. Traffic may be heavier on Saturday coming into Seattle.

Sorry, didn't see that. May want to consider coming in Friday.

Thanks! I saw that, wasn't too sure how close that would be to the general area. I'm ashamed to admit I've been to SeaTac many, many times but have never actually entered downtown Seattle in the many years I've lived in the region!

We would love to get in with the early boarding crowd, but it doesn't seem like it will be doable this time. Our only goal is to not be one of the people running up the gangway during the muster drill ;)

Off the top of anyone's head, any events in Seattle we should be aware next Saturday traffic-wise (Aug 29)?

Look for my post on the weather prediction for that weekend (28-30 Aug) which I'll be posting either late Sunday the 23rd or early Monday the 24th. It will have a pair of links you can click on which will tell you what's going on for the entire month of August.

Tom