Sooo, anyone ever cruise during an El Nino year?

dreday3

Oh MY! Am sure everyone here will be relieved to know that this is not going to be an El Nino year afterall. Just heard that many are calling it a "Godzilla El Nino" or a "once in a lifetime El Nino year." I am trying to stop trembling so I can finish typing this post :).

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

To the OP, we have the same interest. We are cruising out of Houston in November. NOAA has posted an increased likelihood of higher precipitation in this coastal TX area and across into southern Florida, but it doesn't appear to extend too far south into the island cruising areas. It's a crap-shoot and we figure we may be in for a soggy sail-away, but once we go farther south the islands hope it will be nice. Either way, we'll be on vacation and even with rain, it's still warmer than our rainy Alaska cruises. Hope you have good luck and have great cruise!

We cruised last December out of Bayonne, and had the non pleasure of experiencing the "Arctic Blast" weather phenomenon. We woke up in NYC with tons of snow and air so cold that your upper lip froze. Stiff upper lip is not really me, so that was not good. When a scandinavian thinks it's cold, it's really cold.

When we got to Florida and Bahamas the cold wind followed us, it was really cold in Florida.

So now you have something else to worry about! But not really, as El Niño will provide respite from the Arctic Blast. As I read that, it sounds like two Godzilla like creatures, and the baby will scare off the Ice dragon:)

• 3 months later...