!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Sorry to hear that you missed lobster night. Dressing up isn't for everyone. The wife and I dress up because we don't get to do it a lot, and we find it a lot of fun.

Glad you didn't put up a fuss though. It'll make the lobster that much better next time :)

Indeed, but no worries mom got her lobster :)

Gambee, thank you for your honesty in telling us about formal night. I'm sure it wasn't easy for you to share that story. Hopefully by sharing you have helped someone else avoid finding themselves in the same uncomfortable situation. After all, even on a cruise ship with a dress code for the MDR, there are still options available for everyone. BTW, I think you handled the whole situation very well. :D

Certainly something that I do not wish to go through again, but things happen, we move on :).

Wow Gambee! Half Moon Cay is gorgeous! Truly la isla bonita!!

We went to Princess Cay back in March and it was not so nice; the sea floor seemed to have been made of cement there...it was SO rough. HMC looks like paradise; definitely on my to-go list now when we do another Caribbean itinerary...I think HAL goes there a lot as well.

I have heard that Princess Cay was really nice, I am sorry to hear that. But you must definitely make HMC a priority. Now I understand why people book cruises just for that port. Correct, HAL frequents that port.

Great review and amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing! I've sailed on the Victory 3 times. The first time was 11 years ago, then last summer, and last month.

I just returned from the Breeze last week. I'm so sorry that they didn't allow you to have dinner on formal night in the dining room. Last week on the Breeze, there were 2 formal nights. The first night, a lot of people dressed up, but on the 2nd formal night almost everyone was dressed casual, and no one was turned down in the dining room. I have sailed on 22 cruises, and Marcelo has been the funniest cruise director that I have sailed with. He has actually been the best and funniest host of the Love and Marriage game. I was disappointed last week with the Breeze entertainment staff not being as funny as Victory's entertainment staff.

I guess we all have different tastes, I did not care much for him. Then again, I rarely saw him, maybe if I got to see more of him my opinion of him would have been different.

Thank you for joining the review :)

Gambee! How is it possible that this set of photos is even BETTER and more gorgeous than your others? Just when I thought you couldn't get any better. The water, sand, everything looks awesome. I want to take you on vacation with me to be my personal photographer! ;)

Meanwhile, I really don't get the big 2 story cabanas...why would anyone want to be inside when their toes could be in the sand????

Your uncle is a riot. Your whole crew looks like fun people to be around, glad you had so much fun during the Nassau sail away, sail always are always my favorite parts of the cruise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gambee! How is it possible that this set of photos is even BETTER and more gorgeous than your others? Just when I thought you couldn't get any better. The water, sand, everything looks awesome. I want to take you on vacation with me to be my personal photographer! ;)

Meanwhile, I really don't get the big 2 story cabanas...why would anyone want to be inside when their toes could be in the sand????

Thank you, I enjoyed shooting pics very much that day :)

Well, those cabanas would nice if it rained I guess. They are also good for people who suffer from heat. Personally, I think that umbrellas by the water's edge were much better than any cabana ;)

Your uncle is a riot. Your whole crew looks like fun people to be around, glad you had so much fun during the Nassau sail away, sail always are always my favorite parts of the cruise

He sure is. You should have been there, it was an amazing sailaway!

What time did you board the tender? Looks like there were plenty of loungers available. Last time we had a problem getting one but we went around noon. Love HMC, the sand and water definitely beats Castaway Cay. HMC is why we booked the Victory. Hopefully Hurricane Danny does not ruin our chances of getting there

Woohooo!!!! I made it through the first 26 pages of another great Gambee review! Great work!

Gone are the days of the mysterious faceless Gambee! Thank-you, selfie stick. :D

Some notes as I read along so far...

Woahhhhh that green. I'm with you - the gaudy colored-light interiors are not my style.

Your uncle sounds like a riot! What a fun group of traveling companions!

So glad you made it to a bathroom in Nassau! Yikes - but I don't think you missed much heading back to the ship early. Nassau in the summer is too miserably hot (in my opinion) to do much sightseeing by foot.

Wow, I'm surprised that so many Carnival passengers came dressed to impress to formal night, and I'm even more surprised that they were enforcing dress code in the dining room. The only real issue that I could see was your uncle's shorts. It's very rare that someone is going to tell a lady that her footwear is too casual (especially because there could be a medical issue or something that they don't know about). But I completely understand why your mother and aunties did not want to dine in the MDR after that experience. I, too, would want to get the heck out of there. I had a similar "i-should-have-known-better" experience, but when dining in a signature restaurant at Disney World, and we also decided not to stay.

The photographers - oh my goodness, I have the same complaints. And since my last cruise was with RCCL, I can confirm that their photographers are just as bad. I remember laughing at prints where the backdrop didn't completely fill the frame, and in one image, the top of my dad's head was cut off. Out of focus, underexposed - They push quantity, not quality.... and that would be understandable if they were working with just digital images. But they are printing these photos! They are wasting ink and throwing away a lot of paper!

I was really excited to read about Half Moon Cay after you said that it rivals Castaway Cay. It looks lovely, and I really appreciate how spread out the loungers on the beach appear to be.

Looking forward to more!

Regarding the RCCL photographers, we had taken what would have been a really nice photo of us at dinner--except my eyes were completely closed!! I snuck taking a picture of the picture because it made us laugh so much.

On the photographers - a friend of mine worked for one of those companies briefly and yes, they get paid by the photo (a very minimal amount- in her case, it was $0.25/photo) plus a chunk if you buy them (I think hers was like $8/photo)and then minimum wage. So it pretty well sucked and there was definitely a 'get as many photos as possible quick' pressure)- it's why she quit, she would rather take fewer good photos and it just didn't pay off.

Gambee, you've certainly made Half Moon Cay look spectacular! The sand there really does look beautiful.

I thought the pictures of your uncle on that slide were priceless!

I'm not sure that Half Moon Cay would beat Castaway Cay in my book, though. I would prerer to be docked rather than to have to tender, and to me, that beach at HMC looked like it could be really crowded if there were larger or multiple ships in port. I also thought the loungers at HMC were really packed in close together. I was wondering if you could move a couple of loungers out of their tightly packed group to a less crowded space.

I guess I may have to plan a cruise that stops at Half Moon Cay so I can make my own comparison. :D That's a good reason to plan another cruise, right?

Thank you for posting that beautiful sunset. That is one reason we love balcony rooms. Like you I agree that Castaway Cay is a beautiful Island, But the water is so much clearer at HMC. Also the beach sand is so fine it doesn't get hot. Thanks for the memories of HMC and another great review. Hope you enjoyed your day at HMC. Gary:cool:

I gave up eating in the MDR a long time ago for several reasons. One was all the hassle of packing and wearing dress up clothes, another is I usually travel solo, so what's the point? And third, it takes so long to get through the meal. why sit in the MDR for 1-2 hours when i can grab something somewhere else and be done eating in 10 minutes...

I guess we all have different tastes, I did not care much for him. Then again, I rarely saw him, maybe if I got to see more of him my opinion of him would have been different.

Thank you for joining the review :)

I love your detailed review and amazing pictures! We sure all have different tastes because everyone raved about the cruise director on the Breeze and I didn't find him funny at all. He tried too hard to be funny, whereas, Marcelo was naturally funny. LOL!

Edited by CARNIVALCRUISE3