Holiday Cruises - 2016 - Cuba ?

sail7seas

We spend a lot of time in the caribbean. We can always get fresh fish and seafood, chicken and fresh fruits and vegetables. This was not the case while visiting Cuba. We had chicken only twice. If we had a salad it was lettuce, tomato and a couple cucumber slices. Had veggies maybe 3 times. While we were at decent places we were rarely at a resort. The people do not get fresh veggies and fruit as part of their stipend. They must purchase that extra. If they don't have the money they go without. I can tell you we did not see any overweight Cubans while we were there. Some people do now own their own homes according to our guide but that has only been allowed in the last 10 years or so and is not the majority.

This is what would bother me about staying in Cuba. I love my fruit and veggies. I know some people live on burgers and fries. It's not my fav.

I made no political statement. I never do on CC. I am very careful not to express political opinions. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Of course, Cuba will like an infusion of extra cash. I merely stated that they have been receiving tourist millions for years. More would be even better.

No, you made no political statement and I never said you did.

I make a statement I did not want to head in that direction. I never indicated you or anyone got political.

Please reread for comprehension of what I wrote. You will note I never quoted your post or mentioned your post or your name in any way.

Edited by sail7seas