E-docs questions

RMLincoln

We will leave home August 29th, 62 days prior to an NCL transatlantic cruise coming home from Barcelona on Oct 29th. We booked through a TA and are paid in full.

1. Will our e-docs be available to download and print before we leave?
  2. If we have to print them out while in Europe do we need more than just the front page?
  3. What happens if we only have electronic PDF files on a netbook or tablet to show and no printed hard copy?

Thanks for the help from your experiences - CCers are the best! m--

Once you fill out all your info, your edocs should be ready to print with in a day or two. You only NEED the first page, BUT I would bring them all if there is any problem, about what you did not did not pay up front. I think having them on a PDF file could only help things. So to answer your questions, Yes, Yes and Yes

Have a good cruise

Once you fill out all your info, your edocs should be ready to print with in a day or two. You only NEED the first page, BUT I would bring them all if there is any problem, about what you did not did not pay up front. I think having them on a PDF file could only help things. So to answer your questions, Yes, Yes and Yes

Have a good cruise

I thought eDocs weren't available until 60 days before the cruise?

Have a good cruise

Actually, the edocs are usually not available until after date for final payment.

Edited by NMLady

Actually, the edocs are usually not available until after date for final payment.

I have received mine before the official final payment date many times. As long as everyone in your cabin/suite has their online registration completed and the final payment has been made, your TA or NCL direct can release the E-docs.

Edited by peg013

We leave on October 10th and I just received the email today that I can print mine once the online check-in is completed.

hmmmm.... 64 days. I guess it varies. But we will have a stop in Rhode Island at a friend's for 2 days so maybe if it doesn't work from home we can get them printed at here house. I guess it will all work... I just have to have some trust :)

I appreciate you sharing your experience. Have a grand cruise! m--

What happens if we only have electronic PDF files on a netbook or tablet to show and no printed hard copy?

No problem at all. They prefer for you to have a hard copy, but all they really need is a way to locate your reservation in their system. The last time we showed up with just a PDF, they made us sign paper copies of the guest contract again. So much for our feeble attempt to save paper by not printing…

It's no problem even if the online check-in is not completed at all (hence no eDocs to begin with). While strongly recommended, completing online check-in is not required (there are few scenarios where one can't even complete it) and the check-in can be done in terminal too.

Of course having online check-in completed or at least having the reservation number on hand makes the process in terminal smoother.

... that's the best news! No more fretting. Thanks for sharing this. Nice to hear that they are progressing to electronic ways, at least in some aspects - so much better than mailing document packets. If they want to print out the contract and have us sign it at least I don't have to carry it all around Europe. :) m--

We were able to print out eDocs about 70 days in advance, after final payment was made. Printer isn't working right now. We have plenty of time to get it working, but it got me to wondering the same thing, what if the printer isn't working by our cruise date. Then, I thought that there are lots of people who don't have internet access or printers, so there must be a way to get on the ship without bringing your boarding pass if you're one of those.