Anthem same menu in restaurants?

jonj

We will be on the 9nt Athem in June 2016. I have read that on some of the nights they have the same menu in all of the complimentary restaurants. Does anyone know which nights this is? Would be helpful when planning restaurant reservations

Thank you

I'm also trying to figure this out. I thought that the same menu was only for the very short cruises. I'm more interested in that I've heard there are two different menus for each included restaurant and I'd love to know when they change the menus (even/odd, first half/second half, etc.) so I can book accordingly.

I will explain this again as I have in other threads where you both have already asked this question. I have just copied and pasted my same answer.

When there is a 'gala' / 'royal evening' event going on, you get a Royal menu in all 4 complimentary restaurants that is the same in all 4 complimentary restaurants. So no matter which restaurant you are in, being one of the 4 complimentary restaurants, you will get this same menu.

You WILL ALSO get that venues normal menu AS WELL. You know have a choice to eat off both menu's with any course. This extra Royal menu is like a special menu you get in a normal land restaurant.

The specisl extra menu features a mixture from all 4 complimentary restaurants and you can be eating Silk food in the Grande.

The special extra royal menu DOES NOT replace that venue's menu.

Take any answer you get today with a huge grain of salt (not that they are wrong) but a lot of things can happen/change to dining in the next 10 months. I would at a minimum wait until Anthem starts sailing out of Bayonne before making plans based on cruiser feedback.:cool:

Take any answer you get today with a huge grain of salt (not that they are wrong) but a lot of things can happen/change to dining in the next 10 months. I would at a minimum wait until Anthem starts sailing out of Bayonne before making plans based on cruiser feedback.:cool:

Totally agree. Wait till the Americans have her after the British has finished. Even restaurants could change completely. Look at Quantum and how Jonny Rockets is gone and now a noodle bar.

Things can really change.

The special extra royal menu DOES NOT replace that venue's menu.
Thanks, that is good to know. Of course, it would be nice to know what nights they are in advance.

I'm also trying to figure this out. I thought that the same menu was only for the very short cruises. I'm more interested in that I've heard there are two different menus for each included restaurant and I'd love to know when they change the menus (even/odd, first half/second half, etc.) so I can book accordingly.

I'd also like to understand this. I finally looked at booking dining reservations for our January cruise and there is no mention of dual menus on the RCI website. In fact, I just saw screen shots of the dual menus in another thread and many of the dishes did not match what I saw on the screen shots that were posted.

Edited by MisterBill99

Thanks, that is good to know. Of course, it would be nice to know what nights they are in advance.

I'd also like to understand this. I finally looked at booking dining reservations for our January cruise and there is no mention of dual menus on the RCI website. In fact, I just saw screen shots of the dual menus in another thread and many of the dishes did not match what I saw on the screen shots that were posted.

On the recent 14 night, it alternated every 4 days. Likely it will do this on most cruises so that those who do dynamic classic get a chance at both menus.

On the recent 14 night, it alternated every 4 days. Likely it will do this on most cruises so that those who do dynamic classic get a chance at both menus.
So on a 12 night, would they use one set on 8 nights and the other for the middle 4?

Totally agree. Wait till the Americans have her after the British has finished. Even restaurants could change completely. Look at Quantum and how Jonny Rockets is gone and now a noodle bar.

Things can really change.

And how Royal Nights originally started with just the compilation menu and now you can order off the regular menu-- that wasn't the case originally, but it was changed (I suspect after lots of complaints)

So on a 12 night, would they use one set on 8 nights and the other for the middle 4?

As I mentioned before, anything anyone tells you, even on the sailing before yours, can change by the time you get on board. Don't plan around the menus until you get onboard and observe the reality of your sailing :2cents:.

As I mentioned before, anything anyone tells you, even on the sailing before yours, can change by the time you get on board. Don't plan around the menus until you get onboard and observe the reality of your sailing :2cents:.

I did as you said and just planned where I wanted to eat, when I wanted and didn't worry about menu changes. And I ended up eating off the same menu 3 times in AIG on a 14 day cruise. If I knew in advance that it was every 4 days and not every week, my pre planning would have been different.

So your advice, whilst correct is also not helping when you are planning.

Read my full review for the fun and games I had onboard http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2243010

If I knew in advance that it was every 4 days and not every week, my pre planning would have been different.

So your advice, whilst correct is also not helping when you are planning.

That's my point, you have no assurance that the pattern will stay as it is now and one should not make firm plans around the current pattern. I can bet money that things will change once Anthem gets to Bayone. Not only that, the menu itself may change, to further complicate any plans around days/menus.

Edited by Biker19

That's my point, you have no assurance that the pattern will stay as it is now and one should not make firm plans around the current pattern. I can bet money that things will change once Anthem gets to Bayone. Not only that, the menu itself may change, to further complicate any plans around days/menus.

Totally agree with that happening. But what the problem is, is that Royal Caribbean won't tell you of this change before you sail. You have no idea and yet they want you to plan before sailing.

Information is key and that is what people are trying to get and RCCL isn't telling people and we can only go on our own experiences at this time, which will probably all change by November again.

I did as you said and just planned where I wanted to eat, when I wanted and didn't worry about menu changes. And I ended up eating off the same menu 3 times in AIG on a 14 day cruise. If I knew in advance that it was every 4 days and not every week, my pre planning would have been different.
So was that because you ate there in each of the 4 day (2 for the last one) cycles of that particular menu?

So the secret seems to be to eat at places that much multiple menus every 4 days, and plug in specialty dining for places you don't care about.

Which of the 4 free places do not have rotating menus?

Edited by MisterBill99

So was that because you ate there in each of the 4 day (2 for the last one) cycles of that particular menu?

So the secret seems to be to eat at places that much multiple menus every 4 days, and plug in specialty dining for places you don't care about.

Which of the 4 free places do not have rotating menus?

All 5 free places have a rotating menu.

My problem was I put in speciality dining in the middle of the cruise, using up the rotated 4 days then when going back to the main 4, it was the same. But I was told that it changed each week, not each four days. That is what messed my planning up.

Given the changing nature of the venues and menus, I'd recommend that anyone planning make reservations for all nights at the included venues and then once onboard decide day by day (once you know what menu is at each venue) if you want to skip them and do specialty. Doing it the other way around (reserving a specialty and then skip it if you see something good at an included venue) will cost you some up front money (you have to pay for it) and the hassle of canceling.

Of course one could do nothing in terms of reservations (as DD was intended) and just show up wherever you want to dine.

Edited by Biker19

Given the changing nature of the venues and menus, I'd recommend that anyone planning make reservations for all nights at the included venues and then once onboard decide day by day (once you know what menu is at each venue) if you want to skip them and do specialty. Doing it the other way around (reserving a specialty and then skip it if you see something good at an included venue) will cost you some up front money (you have to pay for it) and the hassle of canceling.
Yes, I like that idea. That way you also can see if there are discounts available for the specialties on a given night. Of course, this will work better with a party of 2 than for a large party.