Northern lights

moeferg

You're really going to have to clarify who provides the tour, in what location, and the timeframe you're considering... it's always possible to see an aurora as long as it's dark enough, but depending where you are the plausible viewing time could be six days, six weeks or six months of the year!

In general anywhere you're cruising in New England/Eastern Canada won't have much chance of seeing an aurora on any given night in cruise season. If it's a priority for you, consider a short winter break to Iceland - very affordable packages offered on Icelandair out of several US airports, and every tour company there offers a 'keep coming back until you see one' guarantee.

A couple of my Canada/New England cruises have been during the period when it could be possible to see the Northern Lights in the area, but every time the weather conditions were against me.

I think it would be great to see them, but I've had no luck on my cruises. If it's really important to you, I agree with the previous poster and suggest a land vacation in Iceland or Norway.

• 3 weeks later...