Booking Entertainment...Anthem

Sascol

So basically if you buy the package that allows you to eat at pay restaurants every night, it's really good. Think about how that would work on Anthem, if you could eat at Wonderland, Chops, Jamie's for free every night.

I haven't been on Anthem yet, but hopefully their free places are good. The only pay restaurant I am planning to do is Wonderland.

I enjoyed Dynamic Dining on the Quantum and it was nice to have more choices than the standard MDR menu many of us have become accustomed too. I enjoyed Silk and Chic very much. I didn't make it to the Grande, however. I am booked on a S class Celebrity ship next year and I'm looking forward to it. I didn't catch the Silhouette when it was at Cape Liberty. It would be nice if Celebrity had a newer ship here.

NCL entertainment really is better. And although it's not apples to apples, on NCL I had the ultimate dining package so I thought that the food was AMAZING. can't really compare that to Royal's MDR, but I thought the buffet on NCL was a step up, too.

That being said, I think I do actually PREFER Royal.

I will say, the Buffet on the BWY was very good and better, IMO, than the Windjammer. I liked that they had free ice cream during lunch and good dessert choices. I also really enjoyed O'Sheehan's pub. I ate many of their pot pies and buffalo wings. I did prefer Chops to NCL's Cagney's and the Italian restaurants don't even compare. Giovanni's table far surpasses La Cucina. It would be great if RCCL had a venue like O'Sheehan's on their ships open 24 hours. The hot food offerings are better than Royal's Cafe Promenade.

Edited by yj2cute

I enjoyed Dynamic Dining on the Quantum and it was nice to have more choices than the standard MDR menu many of us have become accustomed too. I enjoyed Silk and Chic very much. I didn't make it to the Grande, however. I am booked on a S class Celebrity ship next year and I'm looking forward to it. I didn't catch the Silhouette when it was at Cape Liberty. It would be nice if Celebrity had a newer ship here.

I will say, the Buffet on the BWY was very good and better, IMO, than the Windjammer. I liked that they had free ice cream during lunch and good dessert choices. I also really enjoyed O'Sheehan's pub. I ate many of their pot pies and buffalo wings. I did prefer Chops to NCL's Cagney's and the Italian restaurants don't even compare. Giovanni's table far surpasses La Cucina. It would be great if RCCL had a venue like O'Sheehan's on their ships open 24 hours. The hot food offerings are better than Royal's Cafe Promenade.

Never did the Italian on Breakaway because I heard it was lousy-- did French twice and Brazilian twice. Pub was good-- better than Sorrentos!!

I am booked on a S class Celebrity ship next year and I'm looking forward to it. I didn't catch the Silhouette when it was at Cape Liberty. It would be nice if Celebrity had a newer ship here.
On Celebrity they sell the Unlimited Specialty Package for $29/day which lets you eat at all of the specialty restaurants, breakfast/lunch/dinner. I highly recommend it. Lawn Club Grill (if it's on your ship) is excellent, and the others are really good as well. You need to purchase it as soon as you get on the ship as the quantities that they sell are limited (or used to be).