The Navigator in Grand Cayman

lebakke

We are cruising on the Navigator in mid September and one of the ports of call is Grand Cayman. Unfortunately the ship will only be in port a very short time, from 10:30-6. I'm trying to find a sting ray snorkel tour not booked through RC. Does anyone have any suggestions? By the time we tender on and off the ship and stand in line we lose even more time. I'm not sure if there are any companies giving tours this late in the afternoon but will get us back by 4:30 so we can get back on time.

This short time in port really frustrates me. I've wanted to go to Grand Cayman for years and I feel like I won't be able to get a full experience because of the weird schedule. Sorry for the whine. Would love some tips or assurance. Thanks!

I would highly reccomend Mario with Aquarius... I would give him 10 stars.... he gets excellent ratings on trip advisor also.

He is very concieous with having you back to port in time. He is very knowledgable of the Stingrays and does not charge extra for pictures. We got to feed them and play with them. Other people on those large tours who got dumped in the water instantly wanted to be part of our group.

We chartered the boat for the day so it was just our family. We went to Stingray City, Starfish Point and did some snorkeling. I think if the boat isn't chartered, the max number he takes is 15-20.

He will provide transportation... picks you up right at the pier.

http://acquarius.ky

Edited by mad-dog74

Realistically, snorkel/ray tours are only 3 hours or so regardless of operators. When we went there on the RCI tour GC88 last spring the boat was a huge catamaran that took two busloads of passengers. Never felt crowded, though, and had two sets of stairs to get back onboard. Local photographer would email you all the pictures of your group for only $20. We got about 8 high res pictures.

We were on Navigator in February and used Nativeway to see the rays, reef, and Rum Point and in June on the Navigator we used Captain Marvin's for just the reef and rays. Both were great excursions with plenty of time to see everything and do some shopping at the end.

We did Stingray City through Moby Dick tours and I would highly recommend them. They were very professional and we had a fantastic experience. They know when the ships are in port and they arrange the excursions around those times. It was an awesome experience.

If your looking for easy - eden rock is a walk from the pier. Supposed to be one of the good locations on the island.

We just got off Navigator today.

In cayman we took a taxi to seven mile beach. Played on the beach, snorkeled "governers reef" (at least that is what someone on the beach told us it was called). We spotted boats dropping off lots of snorkelers there so figured something must be going on :)

We had a great time and didn't feel rushed at all.

Beach = free

Taxi = $4 US each way per person.

We did Moby Dicks back years ago on Disney. Our last trip to Grand Cayman we went on a Jet Ski tour to Star Fish Beach and Sting Ray City with Ebanks water sports. OMG it was the best excursion we have ever done. A long fun trip on the Jet Skis. When we return to Grand Cayman we will use Ebanks again!

Have a great trip!

JoeRum.

If your looking for easy - eden rock is a walk from the pier. Supposed to be one of the good locations on the island.

We just got off Navigator today.

In cayman we took a taxi to seven mile beach. Played on the beach, snorkeled "governers reef" (at least that is what someone on the beach told us it was called). We spotted boats dropping off lots of snorkelers there so figured something must be going on :)

We had a great time and didn't feel rushed at all.

Beach = free

Taxi = $4 US each way per person.

BTW - I'm told that Eden Rock is pretty deep, so may not be a good choice.

Past trips we used Captain Marvin's and were happy with their tour.

Just get your tender tickets early. They hand them out at 8:30 down by studio B. I got in line at 7:30 and they started handing them out early. I got ticket 3 and was off the ship around 10:00. The captain is pretty good with getting to Cayman early. I booked with Capt marvin and had plenty of time, with time in the afternoon to do other things.

Hi Lebakke and clydebud are you both on our roll call? My hubby and I are on the same sailing and looking forward to meeting everyone. I did stingray too and used captain Marvin can't say enough good things about them. I think you will be just fine on the time so don't worry!!!!!

Carrie & Mr. Big!

Regarding the delay waiting for your tender group to be called...

It helps to get up early and get a tender ticket before the mob. Only one person in your party needs to get the tickets.

I got group 9 -- and we were the second group off after Groups 1-8 and the RCI excursion crowd. We were on the bus to the Westin within 30 minutes or so.

Regarding the delay waiting for your tender group to be called...

It helps to get up early and get a tender ticket before the mob. Only one person in your party needs to get the tickets.

I got group 9 -- and we were the second group off after Groups 1-8 and the RCI excursion crowd. We were on the bus to the Westin within 30 minutes or so.

Just got back from NOV this Sunday. Tender tickets were to be handed out starting at 8:30. I got there to stand in line about 8...the line was about 50 people or so deep. I got Group 2.

We docked at 9:15 and the announcement came on that those of us with Group 1, 2 or 3 could go immediately to get a tender. It was too early for the pre-booked tours, so we were actually in the 2nd tender to leave. I found the process to be quite painless, really. Took awhile to load as they are pretty big tenders, but it's a very short trip.

• 2 weeks later...
We were on Navigator in February and used Nativeway to see the rays, reef, and Rum Point and in June on the Navigator we used Captain Marvin's for just the reef and rays. Both were great excursions with plenty of time to see everything and do some shopping at the end.

I'm also a HUGE fan of Captain Marvin's...smaller boat, great crew. Have been out with them about half-dozen times.

Two years ago we used stingraysailing.com. I researched and found this to be the best to meet our needs. There were 23 of us and one family of 3. That is all they took. Provided was snorkel gear, beverages and snacks:fruits and small sandwiches. It was very nice. We went to stingray city and another snorkel spot

We will be on this cruise on October 18 and we're going with Sting Ray Sailing - they seem to be very aware of our ship time and said that they would have us back at the port no later than 4 that afternoon - so, hopefully that will give us some shopping time before heading back to the ship.