Two Adults - Where to go for Sailaway

js

Hi. We are seasoned cruisers but this is our fourth Disney cruise. If we dont want to be on main deck for sailaway but want a relaxing adult sailaway with other adults is there any place we should go other than the deck above the Main Pool, Meridian Bar outside?

We are sailing concierge if that makes any difference (NCL has a champagne sailaway for Haven guests).

Thank you.

Edited by js

Hi. We are seasoned cruisers but this is our fourth Disney cruise. If we dont want to be on main deck for sailaway but want a relaxing adult sailaway with other adults is there any place we should go other than the deck above the Main Pool, Meridian Bar outside?

We are sailing concierge if that makes any difference (NCL has a champagne sailaway for Haven guests).

Thank you.

Well, there's always the adult-only area at the front of the ship. Since you mention Meridian, I'm figuring you're on either the Dream or Fantasy, so there is a Concierge Lounge, but I believe it's indoors. There is the Concierge Sundeck near Satellite Falls, but it's surrounded by opaque walls, can't really see out.

We preferred the deck above the Donald pool area, in the aft. But we kinda like being able to at least see all the activity, if not right in the middle of it.

Edited by Shmoo here

I would suggest deck 4 with some champaign from one of the bars and lounging in a deck chair if you want an open space away from the others and watch the land disappear from sight and just open water!

There is no separate Concierge sailaway from what I know.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

How about your own balcony?

We're not fans of the loud hubbub done at sail-away so we usually enjoy it from our own balcony. You get an unobstructed view as you sail out.

If you want to be with others, try the adult hot tubs. You get a decent view, you can hear a bit of the sail-away party but not too loud and you're in an adult only area.

Edited by meatloafsfan

We usually stand on deck 12 starboard and wave to the people on shore. You can hear the sail away party but aren't all in the action. Also, tell you friends at home there is a camera they can watch you sailaway! In 2013 my parents saw us and screenshotted it, kinda fun!