Pre-Paid Gratuities on Travel Docs

Stace894

Ok, quick question.

I pre-paid my gratuities for my upcoming October Cruise on the Dawn back before the cost went up. When I go to the NCL website it does list that I have Pre-Paid these, but when I print out my Vacation Summary or my Cruise Documents I do not see it listed as paid anywhere.

I had a problem with this on my last cruise (Not NCL) where I had instructed my TA to pay these and then when we got on the ship discovered it hadn't been done. This time I pre-paid them directly thru the NCL website.

Is there anyplace on my documents where I should see that this had been paid or should I contact NCL to check/confirm?

Thanks for any input!

Ok, quick question.

I pre-paid my gratuities for my upcoming October Cruise on the Dawn back before the cost went up. When I go to the NCL website it does list that I have Pre-Paid these, but when I print out my Vacation Summary or my Cruise Documents I do not see it listed as paid anywhere.

I had a problem with this on my last cruise (Not NCL) where I had instructed my TA to pay these and then when we got on the ship discovered it hadn't been done. This time I pre-paid them directly thru the NCL website.

Is there anyplace on my documents where I should see that this had been paid or should I contact NCL to check/confirm?

Thanks for any input!

Call your TA or NCL and ask for an Amenity Confirmation. It will show everything that is paid and all promos you are entitled to. AFAIK e-docs do not show PP DSC.

After we prepaid our service charge they showed up on our updated Confirmation (Invoice) and this was after final payment), as well as the separate Amenity Confirmation.

We booked through a TA but I was able to request these directly from NCL.

Ok, quick question.

Thanks for any input!

If the NCL website shows they were paid, then you are fine.

Just be darn sure that you get confirmation of these being paid. On our last cruise, which was a B2B on the Epic, we had pre-paid 14 days worth of the DSC for three adults. Not cheap. I had two emails with me from or PCC stating that these were all paid. When we were on board, one day I checked our account balance, and we were being charged for them. The guest services desk told me there was no record of these being paid. They would not accept the emails. I asked them to verify these with my PCC. They said they could not reach him. I phoned him in Cozumel and he called them. They still would not acknowledge that I had pre paid them. I had to cancel the DSC from my bill. I have never done that before, but when I got home, I mailed them the ammenities form that showed they had been paid. All of this took over 8 hours of my time while I was on board. I have never heard of anyone else having this kind of problem, and I sure hope it does not happen to anyone else.

Get a amenities confirmation from NCL, print it out and bring it with you on your trip. I recommend that for any dinner reservations, OBC, excusions etc that paid/ made for - Just in case something do go wrong. So when it does happen, it will not be a battle of he said / she said - you have concrete proof. That's good advice regarding any cruise line, hotel, etc...

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I was going to pay the gratuities today before the "deadline" for the higher increase DSC. The email a few weeks back says I can pay for the DSC at the lower price before the final payment, which is Aug 31. Today, I logged in and it says pre-paid gratuities cannot be displayed at this time! I mean it's not that much more money, but being Canadian with the super bad exchange rate and having the email notify that I had time to pre-pay it, it just pisses me off. Wonder if it's a site-wide error or they cut it off for my cruise already. :mad:

I was going to pay the gratuities today before the "deadline" for the higher increase DSC. The email a few weeks back says I can pay for the DSC at the lower price before the final payment, which is Aug 31. Today, I logged in and it says pre-paid gratuities cannot be displayed at this time! I mean it's not that much more money, but being Canadian with the super bad exchange rate and having the email notify that I had time to pre-pay it, it just pisses me off. Wonder if it's a site-wide error or they cut it off for my cruise already. :mad:

Give them call and see if they can fix it on their end on MyNCL or pay over the phone. Its a website glitch of theirs - wish it wouldn't mess up like that but it does. I wouldn't take it personally, it's IT failure on their end.[emoji4]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

We booked our cruise with a web based (US) travel site and then found out that if we booked with NCL directly we could pay for it in Canadian dollars at an excellent exchange rate (it was $1.11) compared to the rate the banks charged of about $1.24. We cancelled with the US firm and booked with NCL. Now any charges we make are at the $1.11 rate - including the DSC and pre-paid excursions etc. I think the exchange rate now with NCL is different but still lower than the banks rate.

If you booked directly with NCL you could call and ask if you can do the same thing and save a lot of money on the exchange.

We booked our cruise with a web based (US) travel site and then found out that if we booked with NCL directly we could pay for it in Canadian dollars at an excellent exchange rate (it was $1.11) compared to the rate the banks charged of about $1.24. We cancelled with the US firm and booked with NCL. Now any charges we make are at the $1.11 rate - including the DSC and pre-paid excursions etc. I think the exchange rate now with NCL is different but still lower than the banks rate.

If you booked directly with NCL you could call and ask if you can do the same thing and save a lot of money on the exchange.

I booked with Crucon... not sure what their cancellation policy is. Good to know for the future though! But how exactly did you manage to get NCL.com to quote in Canadian dollars?

Called Customer Service at NCL directly yesterday. Person couldn't have been nicer. She sent me an email immediately that had my invoice on it showing confirmed payment of our gratuities. All Set! Will be bringing that along with all other "pertinent" information in my Travel Folder. Don't Leave Home Without It! :)