On-Board Account Question

dinkydee718

A better plan would be to do this online prior to cruise. Faster, for sure.

When they put self-help machines that print out sail cards at all the cruise terminals especially in the US, then it would be faster. Til then, not really because you still have to pick up the sail card from an employee behind the counter that's require by law & company policy to see your ID /e-docs/payment method at the terminal...

We leave on 11/29 and there isn't currently any section that I can see in online check in to add form of payment. where is that located? or does it appear closer to cruise date? thanks.

We leave on 11/29 and there isn't currently any section that I can see in online check in to add form of payment. where is that located? or does it appear closer to cruise date? thanks.

As said in posts #2 and #3, it is done while check-in in the terminal - not online like on some other lines.

Sailing on the Epic in November and from the UK.

Will want to register my CC for onboard spends and want to know what to tell my CC company regarding countries I may want to use my card in. Apart from the obvious ones we are visiting, do I say the USA because that's where I assume NCL finance is based and it will show as if I had used it in the USA ?

Sailing on the Epic in November and from the UK.

Will want to register my CC for onboard spends and want to know what to tell my CC company regarding countries I may want to use my card in. Apart from the obvious ones we are visiting, do I say the USA because that's where I assume NCL finance is based and it will show as if I had used it in the USA ?

Don't most card issuers say you no longer need to tell them about going abroad?

My last few charges from NCL have been like this from Miami though:

543 JADE PMS MIAMI FL 250.30 USD

Card: AmEx

Merchant category name: STEAMSHIP/CRUISE LINES- T&E SIC CODE

My last few charges from NCL have been like this from Miami though:

543 JADE PMS MIAMI FL 250.30 USD

Card: AmEx

Merchant category name: STEAMSHIP/CRUISE LINES- T&E SIC CODE

Thanks for the reply. My CC wants to know, they certainly did on my last cruise, and I recently had a payment declined because it was an Australian company on the net.

Thanks for the reply. My CC wants to know, they certainly did on my last cruise, and I recently had a payment declined because it was an Australian company on the net.

Just tell them the dates of the sailing, what city in the US you're from embarking and disembarking from, the port stops along with the approximate times and that's it. Some credit cards companies will decline and put a fraud alert on your card even though you're the one using it because its not technically part of your normal spending pattern of using it in places you normally go or use, such as City / State / Province / Township / Websites etc.

Edited by maywell

Just tell them the dates of the sailing, what city in the US you're from embarking and disembarking from, the port stops along with the approximate times and that's it.

They are not sailing from US but from UK as stated in their post. Anyway, as already mentioned, the charges from NCL will be posted in Miami so US must be listed to a CC company wanting to know the countries for possible charges during the trip.

Even if you do it online prior to the cruise, you still have to present your cc and have them actually "run" the card. And, it doesn't actually have to the be same card you used in advance...you can change your form of payment when you check in, if you want.

Edited by cb at sea

Even if you do it online prior to the cruise, you still have to present your cc and have them actually "run" the card. And, it doesn't actually have to the be same card you used in advance...you can change your form of payment when you check in, if you want.

That does not apply to NCL because giving CC info for onboard account in advance is not possible. No need to confuse people asking about how things work with NCL.

They are not sailing from US but from UK as stated in their post. Anyway, as already mentioned, the charges from NCL will be posted in Miami so US must be listed to a CC company wanting to know the countries for possible charges during the trip.

Again, tell the credit card company the name of cruise line you're sailing on before your trip, so they do not decline the correct charges. Its not that difficult - its just fraud protection, that's all.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

My sister & brother in law were just on the Getaway and both of their bank debit Visa logo cards were frozen. They used the cards in St. Thomas. The bank called to verify the charges and couldn't reach anyone so froze both accounts. Depends on the bank, etc. but better to be safe than sorry!

I think I am confusing NCL with DCL, but it's bugging me. When do you give NCL the cc that you want on board charges charged to? Is it online before embarkation, at check-in or do you have to wait in line at guest services?

I think you can do it any way you like. We use cash so we purchase our on-board cash before hand so its waiting for us when we board.