Taxi from Palma Port to Airport

although we haven't travelled from the port to airport, when we stayed near palma we just hopped on the bus to the airport, they stop by the cruise port and run approx. every 15 mins, so it might be worth you checking them out. I think the cost is about 2 or 3 euros each.

although we haven't travelled from the port to airport, when we stayed near palma we just hopped on the bus to the airport, they stop by the cruise port and run approx. every 15 mins, so it might be worth you checking them out. I think the cost is about 2 or 3 euros each.

It's the Linea 1 bus you need -the bus stop is right outside the port entrance. If you Google 'Palma buses Linea ' it will give you the details.

Thanks Kruzseeka. I will do that. Appreciate all the help. Cruise and flights all booked so we can now fly out to Gran Canaria from Edinburgh and back to Aberdeen via Heathrow.

You're welcome. :) I'm on the laptop now so can do the links for you - doesn't work too well on the tablet! :confused:

Here is the timetable and stops for the Linea 1 (the port is #26) It seems to have defaulted to Spanish (how inconsiderate! :D!) but there is a little Union Flag at the top to cahnge the language - it took me a while to find it! :rolleyes:

http://www.emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/Front/lineas.en.svr?accion=entrada&cod_linea=1

And here is the general info.

http://www.mallorca-now.com/palma-airport-bus-timetable.html

Glad you'vebeen able to put it all together and got booked up. Enjoy your trip!

Edited by kruzseeka

Thanks Kruzseeka. I fancy going to the Oceanographic when in Valencia and really want to try one of those Asiatic Coffees in Cartagena. We are cruising into Gibraltar for the 1st time so looking forward to that. Been there on a few land holidays and love it but will be good to sail into the port to see it from a different angle.

We took a taxi back from the port to Palma Airport last month. There are many, many taxis waiting immediately outside the terminal building and the journey time was under 15 minutes. Fare 26 Euros.

IMO well worth the money rather than struggling with luggage on a bus.

Edited by campolady

Oh my, where do I start.

Campolady - How was the med cruise? This was our other option if we didn't go for the Iberian Adventure but getting the chance to go back to Gibraltar so that swung it for me.

Saltshell - I believe that asiatic coffee is an espresso with condensed milk and local liquer topped with cinnamon. Sounds yum so I am up for trying it.

There is so much to see and do in Gibraltar. I love the monkeys, the great siege tunnels are good to walk around and you can do the dolphin trip (we went on the yellow boats) which are moored beside the sunborn which you can't miss. Ocean Village is lovely beside the Sunborn super yacht hotel with a few good places to eat and drink, I would recommend Bruno's. A walk up and down the main street to do some shopping (I am a big jewelry fanatic so you can get some good prices). When the locals know there is a cruise ship in there are many deals to be had, you just have to haggle. Are you going there for Gibraltar day (10th September)?

Oh my, where do I start.

Campolady - How was the med cruise? This was our other option if we didn't go for the Iberian Adventure but getting the chance to go back to Gibraltar so that swung it for me. (10th September)?

We have enjoyed all 5 of our Thomson cruises Lucie14. 4 have been totally in the Med and one into the Atlantic from Malaga (Porto, Lisbon, Cadiz, Tangier and Gibraltar) last November. Must say that we far preferred the Med ones to the Atlantic one but the weather may well have been a factor in that. Visiting Gib wasn't a highlight for us as we live in Spain and visit there once a month or so on shopping trips but I can understand its appeal to infrequent visitors.

4 of our cruises have been on the Thomson Dream and one on Majesty. I personally prefer Majesty but she doesn't come to this end of the Med very often and we have no flights from Malaga to her current base in Corfu; am pleased to see that she will be based in Palma next Summer.

Have a wonderful trip.

We have enjoyed all 5 of our Thomson cruises Lucie14. 4 have been totally in the Med and one into the Atlantic from Malaga (Porto, Lisbon, Cadiz, Tangier and Gibraltar) last November. Must say that we far preferred the Med ones to the Atlantic one but the weather may well have been a factor in that. Visiting Gib wasn't a highlight for us as we live in Spain and visit there once a month or so on shopping trips but I can understand its appeal to infrequent visitors.

4 of our cruises have been on the Thomson Dream and one on Majesty. I personally prefer Majesty but she doesn't come to this end of the Med very often and we have no flights from Malaga to her current base in Corfu; am pleased to see that she will be based in Palma next Summer.

Have a wonderful trip.

Hi Campolady .

We have Thomson Spirit here in Malaga doing weekly departures all through Summer 2016. We've already booked a week for Oct 2016

Glyn

Hi Campolady .

We have Thomson Spirit here in Malaga doing weekly departures all through Summer 2016. We've already booked a week for Oct 2016

Glyn

Thanks. Yes, I know about Spirit sailing from Malaga next Summer - we will be on her in May. Would have been much happier with Majesty though - will hopefully get a last minute deal on her from Palma.