I-Concierge App Questions

everylastbreath

How does this App work? I don't want to end up with data charges!! If I turn the phone into airplane mode how does it pick up the boats WiFi? Is it worth using or should we just shut the phones off and tough it out! LOL

Tell me how this works...

I don't know how it works on other phones, but if you have an iphone, you can put it in airplane mode and then turn on "WiFi" only to connect to the ship's network. Make sure you download the app in advance.

In most smart phones you can turn WiFi on even in airplane mode, that is how you can use iConcierge.

And another way to avoid the data charges, is to just turn "data off" or "data off while roaming" in settings. You can then still have wifi "on" and leave "voice on while roaming" selected if you want to use the texting capability of your phone while on the ships' "cellular at sea" service. With that you can send text for .50c each and receive for .05c each, assuming you want to stay in touch with anyone at home.........which kinda defeats the purpose of a cruise.

OP, it would help if we know your device's info (Windows, iOS or Android) - more important than who's your "carrier" and your plan's coverage

Popular - iPhone 5x and 6x running latest iOS 8.x

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201299

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204234

Android & Window devices are similar, but exact procedures varied - sometimes due to carrier add-ons. Check the FAQ's under support site. VZW offer free 1 hour "classes" for beginners, intermediate & power users for specific devices at nearby designated retail store locations - highly recommended for non-geeks, or, use the online interactive guides via your "account"

T-Mobile's USA (only) Simple Choice plans have more free choices at Edge/2.5G speed abroad, except while on the ship as it's satellite-relayed mobile data - refer to your carrier for details.