Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Jeff....MC has overseen a small eatery in the market town of Oswestry.......it was originally the old Conservative Club.....a few local businessmen have now taken it on and are doing wonderfully well....it's now called the The Townhouse.....and as its my home town l intend to eat there again as the food is excellent along with the ambience......[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is a lovely ordinary chap, from a working class, and adopted, mostly self-taught background but worked under some names. When we ate in Exeter, having no one else in he joined us for a glass of wine. When I say no one else, the waiter was also looking after reception, so we were literally the only people there. The hotel overlooked Exeter Cathedral.

He asked me what I thought of the meal and I remember saying it was perfect except for the sauce, to which he immediately said " I know" and apologised. It was basically a dark rich wine sauce - almost a Rosso sauce perfect for say a steak ... but weird served with grilled fish. It worked out that he and I had the same ovens in our kitchen.

Jeff Edited by UKCruiseJeff

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff']
The churro pursuit has me trying to work out some variations I'm obsessing about, and I'm trying to work out how to extrude two layers at the same time, What I want to do is to extrude a churro dough with a core filling. I had in mind blitzing something like some figs or banana, which would be in the centre of the churro. Or putting the chocolate in the middle as a surprise rather than dipping it. I haven't quite worked out how to do it yet.

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Perhaps triple cooked chips method? Cook once briefly to slightly stabilise batter, inject liquid or more fluid core, cook one again v briefly to close injection holes and then final cook to brown. Don't have a deep fat fryer so cant test I'm afraid.
Rp

[quote name='UKCruiseJeff'][IMG]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/sparkyguts/Food/2386DED7-06F2-4DE2-8023-1362B720EE8A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/sparkyguts/Food/6DBAA2E8-99C7-4F5B-A1DF-8BD95C724EB7.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Thankfully Michael Caines never served me food like this [emoji1]

Step away for a few days and miss so much! So much reading and catching up to do.

Olympics and Equestrian: I had hopes of competing in this at one point. I am actually in the process of training my Hanoverian/Thoroughbred cross to be a cross country horse. Not much on show jumping though....

Jeff, Food looks amazing, as usual!

Getting on to the 6 month mark for the cruise. Wishing airfare would come down. One would think with the Public Health Warnings to Puerto Rico, the flights would be cheaper!

Hi Jane, unsurprisngly I am stuffed and that icecream and churros is going to be the final meal of my day although for some reason or other wifey is just making herself a bacon bagel. I don't know where she puts it! :eek:

RP, thanks .... yes I'd considered that but to be honest it would make the churros thicker and more doughy, which I do not want and alos I'd need a fery long thin filler. What I really wanted to do was fill it with frozen icecream liked a sort of baked Alaska/Arctic Roll, but I think what I want to do isn't going to happen. What I made today with the crispy churros and nice ice cream was good enough! :)

Welcome back ShotsnCruises! Good to hear of your horsey interests. It is hard to believe looking at my current "form" but when I was 13 I use to run and I use to do (in old currency) 100 yards from a standing rather than block start in 9.8 seconds when from recall the WR was I think 9.4. I was going to be trained by what we had in the UK at the time the Amateur Athletic Association with the intention of a possible future Olympics ie a four or five year training programme or so . But I was 13 and had no interest in athletics and wasn't prepared to give up all the other stuff in sacrifice of half a second.

From what I understand Bolt is able to do 100 metres in 9.8 which shows how much faster they are today. I can now do 100 yards in about four hours depending on how many pubs there are on the way. :D

Thanks Soapy .... I had a very fattening day today .... and I feel utterly bloated. :)

Jeff

If we are talking of past glories my DH was Hampshire young man champion at shot and javelin. Went on to row at Henley. Then work got in the way and it all went to seed. The story of our lives.

Jane

Sent from my iPad using [url=https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=76452]Forums[/url]

some weird appointments SS seem to be making recently .... and why do they not call them "Sales Manager" and stop these fancy titles ....

[QUOTE]

SILVERSEA CRUISES HAS APPOINTED AMBER WILSON AS THE GENERAL MANAGER FOR ASIA PACIFIC, TO BE BASED IN THE SYDNEY OFFICE.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.travelweekly.com.au/article/silversea-appoints-new-general-manager-asia-pacific/[/url]

Jeff

Quite agree Mark. I remember they did the same in the US a while back.

Many here got terribly excited about this senior person who was being described here as the ceo of the whole shebang. Do you remember? "This is really great news fir SS, ...look at what they did for xyz!" There was some annoyance and disagreement when I pointed out that they were only responsible solely for meeting sales targets - and had nothing whatsoever to do with ship operations.

General Manager in the UK means the manager responsible for managing all functions. Sales Manager is responsible for meeting sales targets.

Who is it suppose to delude?

Jeff

[B]Has Anyone Ever Done This?[/B]

Let's say you have booked a cruise and that you quite fancy the first half of the next cruise and that you don't fancy the second half of the next cruise. Some time before the end of your own cruise you ask if the next cruise is full and if it isn't can you negotiate a pro rata/per night rate for the next cruise? Edited by Fletcher

[quote name='Fletcher'][B]Has Anyone Ever Done This?[/B]

Let's say you have booked a cruise and that you quite fancy the first half of the next cruise and that you don't fancy the second half of the next cruise. Some time before the end of your own cruise you ask if the next cruise is full and if it isn't can you negotiate a pro rata/per night rate for the next cruise?[/QUOTE]

Fletch, three years ago on the Wind l asked to stay on for the next voyage and although the ship wasn't full they wanted stupid money.....almost double what l had paid for the one l was on for the same duration.
I've known a guest join the ship three days into the voyage but apparently one has to pre arrange this way in advance due to embark/disembark rules and the port authority for security.

S [emoji5]

SS used to do a Personalized Voyages Program. Individual day prices were quoted and joining the ship and leaving had to be in a proper destination port and on board for a minimum of five nights. I have not seen any reference to this on their website for a long time. The SS reservations team would be the ones to best advise on that.
R.

Did you enjoy this comp SnS ?
The 3DE course looked great on video, the slots just get smaller and gnarlier !
Sad to see Valegro fall short in the teams , but great to see him reassert his supremacy in the Kur.
I had to feed myself this evening, Jeff… Fish 'n Chips.. freezer to plate...most un camera worthy.. the riesling was ok tho….. :-)

[quote name='ShotsnCruises']Step away for a few days and miss so much! So much reading and catching up to do.

Olympics and Equestrian: I had hopes of competing in this at one point. I am actually in the process of training my Hanoverian/Thoroughbred cross to be a cross country horse. Not much on show jumping though....

Jeff, Food looks amazing, as usual!

Getting on to the 6 month mark for the cruise. Wishing airfare would come down. One would think with the Public Health Warnings to Puerto Rico, the flights would be cheaper![/QUOTE]

TGH, shame on you! :eek:

(I don't mean it ...... I'm using frozen easy stuff more and more .....:D )

I am relenting this summer and going back to my deep fat fryer roots and cooking real chips. Just for a while you understand.

By the way ... re your header NAG AWAY! :)

My dream is a cooler/thread somewhere where you can actually discuss all the stuff you know you cannot discuss due to the terrible pervasive curse of political correctness and the curse of the trolls.

All the really, really interesting topics are in the list of those that will always get derailed.

Jeff

S - sorry to hear your memories of Salop aren't good. I was actually born at Oswestry District Hospital a long long time ago! (I understand it was demolished and apartments have been built there). I had a wonderful childhood at a farm near Ellesmere it was after that the world went pearshaped!

Gorgeous weather here today - 4 legs has practically roasted herself I think and she has just found another patch of sunlight in here - oh the life of a cat!

Mary

S - sorry to hear your memories of Salop aren't good. I was actually born at Oswestry District Hospital a long long time ago! (I understand it was demolished and apartments have been built there). I had a wonderful childhood at a farm near Ellesmere it was after that the world went pearshaped!

Gorgeous weather here today - 4 legs has practically roasted herself I think and she has just found another patch of sunlight in here - oh the life of a cat!

Mary, l was also born at the O and D!! Sadly it's long gone which is a shame as it was a lovely little cottage hospital ...and yes it's now built up as apartments and housing named Lutton Close after the main consultant who was there for many years.....not a very popular man...but in those days all Dr's were gods!!!

Ellesmere also brings back a lot of memories for me and l still go there for banking and the delicious deli which has been there forever...it's actually in a time warp which l find very civilised....not often these days one can actually park the car right outside a shop or a bank!!

As a child l used to go fishing on the canal in Tetchill.....it's still a lovely area.

Enjoying the glorious weather here in Wales.....up at 5am cleaning and pup walking ......I must be mad...[emoji15]

S [emoji4]

Mary

Good afternoon Coolers! From a lovely sunny day here in Jeff's Steak Grill.

(Soapy, I know you are a lady of few words but your last tappawallah post was enigmatical) :D

Totady was ribeye, butter mushrooms, salad, fries, cabbage salad, ms and a horseradish Dijon. With Sauvignon Du Boite, et Fosters a la Frosty Cannes.

Jeff

4381B67A-A442-4C62-952F-D742E3170448.jpg

6FBD504F-F0C7-4170-935F-70CDC0D4F880.jpg

078C235E-0670-4936-A23C-2CCBEC24FF74.jpg

A9B06D78-3F39-4E4A-BF44-F32B45FFB051.jpg

1868C355-7BF7-40E0-9742-33FAEA16D977.jpg