Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Good Morning Coolers!

Thanks JP, M, and Fletch. Looking forward to it.

Yes we use to visit two or three times a year until 2014. March, September and first wek in December. Never weekends always weekdays to avoid the worst of coaches and tourists during the week rather than weekends are of throngs and some of the Schonbrunn Christmas market.

Jeff

P1020609.jpgP1020590.jpg

P1020588.jpg

P1020587.jpg

P1020571.jpg

P1020443.jpg

Cool pics. Familiar, yet oddly different with that snow on the ground!

Fletcher, what's that doorway? I have a feeling that I should know it from a prior trip but I can't place it.

Edited by jpalbny

Greetings Coolers!

We have an unseasonably warm day here with brilliant sunshine. For those who are missing Mother Nature's glorious wardrobe change here are some pics of the start of the wonder of autumn.

Going.......

DSC04556_zpsys3wnway.jpg

Going......

DSC04559_zpsrs8ymfpk.jpg

Going.....

DSC04560_zpsjpcux6oj.jpg

DSC04562_zpsgxcdddei.jpg

Almost Gone.....

DSC04561_zpsi3kc37ab.jpg

Hello All..........loving all the photos, Mysty, my favourite time of year is autumn.

Jeff, Vienna looks so beautiful, l have yet to visit but Christmas time sounds so magical.

Have been quite busy lately with house projects, lunching out and catching up with old friends......and soon it will be time to start packing for the crossing next month....[emoji1]

Happy evening

S [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice pictures

We might likely lose leaves too.

130 mph winds and Matthew coming right at us. It is a catastrophic storm.

Preparations in earnest now.

Getting all projectiles on our property put away, huge endeavor as we live outside for much of year.

Shutters will be closed to protect Windows and doors.

Spinnaker 2.....Hope you ride out the storm safely! News reports are terrifying! Thoughts are with you!

S...glad you liked the pictures! Fall is my favourite season as well. The only unfortunate bit is that it leads directly into winter!

Beautiful and somewhere I hope to visit in the future.

mysty: Spinnaker 2.....Hope you ride out the storm safely! News reports are terrifying! Thoughts are with you

Appreciate the wonderful and charming pictures posted earlier regarding Imperial Vienna. Great city with such spectacular history' date=' architecture, food, class and style. Hope that ShotsnCruises and other can visit there and soak up its amazing character. Below are a few of my Vienna pictures from visits there in 1970 and 1997.

YES, our best wishes, hope and prayers for those in Florida, along the Atlantic Coast and in the Caribbean in dealing with the [b']strongly intensifying Matthew storm[/b].

Nice fall pictures from our Canada neighbor. Our trees are looking very green and nice right now in Ohio. Excellent weather scheduled for the next several days here. Near perfect 70'sF, bright sun, no rain, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 156,921 views for this posting.

Here are some highlights and potentials in Vienna from a Spring 1997 visit. First, from spectacular Vienna, this great “Imperial” city has a nice pedestrian-only area that runs from St. Stephen’s Cathedral towards the main Hofburg Palace area. Second is an example of the main live music/dance programs that we attended. Third is an example inside their main art museum with its great treasures. Finally, here is one view from the “country/summer”, 1,441-room Schoenbrunn Palace looking up towards the area of the gardens above the main structure.:

ViennaMainSquarePeopleFount.jpg

ViennaDancerMusicProgram.jpg

ViennaStairsArtMuseumView.jpg

ViennaSchPalaceGardensBack.jpg

From my first visit to Vienna, way back in December 1970, here are two visuals from my old color slide days from my conventional 35mm camera period. First is a view of Schoenbrunn Palace from that higher garden area. Second is a view from the water feature towards Upper Belvedere Palace, constructed in the early 1700's. There are two Baroque palaces in this nicely landscape area/park that was built as a summer residence for Prince Eugene of Savoy. He was a big "winner" in the wars against the Ottoman Empire.:

TravelSept162_zps5sp4ks5k.jpg

TravelSept161_zpsx5khas3o.jpg

JP and all.

Thanks for good wishes.

Tomorrow at first light I will photograph the property.

I fear if we get a hurricane of cat 3 we will have much damage.

Please encourage your dad to take all precautions.

Enduring storm is one thing, but 3 to 5 days without electricity is a challenge.

Think no power to pump petrol. No power for traffic lights.

Flooded roads, snakes and other varmints also seeking high ground.

No power to cook. No refrigerator.

No hot water.

Storm expected to start here late tomorrow through Thursday.

Greetings Coolers!

J...those meals look scrumptious!!! Except for the peas. I never enjoyed them and when I was a kid my mom served canned peas and I was required to clean my plate before I could leave the table. Many evenings spent staring at the, by then, cold yucky peas.

Terry...Thanks! Most of the trees here are green yet. But swaths of colour are appearing.

Have a great day all! And good vibes sent to spinnaker2!

Good Day All..........

Delish looking pasty that Jeffers......broccoli isn't my favourite vegetable, peas l do like but only the way l cook them which is with bicarbonate and a touch of sugar....can't bear them underdone....!

Had a business lunch out today, more talking than eating but the fresh fish and chips were very good.....even though l was initially determined to have the house steak and kidney suet pudding...!!

Autumn seems to have arrived here very quickly with some beautiful colours on show.....

I see that most of the Florida ports are closed so hope Spins will be safe...I have friends currently on the road between Cape Cod and South Carolina which is worrying.....

S [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk