Dancing with the Stars Fall 2015 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Well, at least we've all heard of Paula Dean - although that's not confirmed yet. She'd be a hoot on the show. Just hope poor Tony doesn't get stuck being her partner, as he always seems to get the older ladies. (And I can say that - I just turned 60 a couple weeks go, ha)

Hey...Happy Birthday Sandy Sails! :p I'll be entering that decade in October. You let me know how it's going for you ;). (Really, as far as I'm concerned...it's just a number). As far as Paula is concerned, I'd love to see Val end up with her. It's time he has the opportunity to dance with someone not young(er), tiny and with previous dance experience. I'm not even sure Tony is dancing this season. I haven't seen his name listed, but I do hope he is. In the past, I've seen the list of "stars" and thought, oh no this will be a loser season, and then was pleasantly surprised.

Too bad about Peta! Maybe now they'll bring Cheryl Burk back (if she wants to come back, that is). Wonder is Andy Grammer will be any good as a dancer. Love his singing, which he certainly did plenty of on the show last season. He'll be a fun one.

Tomorrow is the day they announce everybody, right? Can't wait!

Here's the list:

Kim Zolciak-Biermann (Real Housewives of Atlanta) with Tony Dovolani

Tamar Braxton (singer) with Val Chmerkovskiy

Paula Deen (chef) with Louis Van Amstel

Nick Carter (singer) with Sharna Burgess

Alexa PenaVega (actor) with Mark Ballas

Carlos PenaVega (singer/actor) with Witney Carson

Andy Grammer (singer) with Allison Holker

Bindi Irwin (Aussie) with Derek Hough

Victor Espinoza (jockey) with Karina Smirnoff

Chaka Khan (singer) with Keo Motsepe

Hayes Grier (social media star) with Emma Slater

Gary Busey (actor) with Anna Trebunskaya

Alek Skarlatos (France train hero) with Lindsay Arnold

Gary Busey (actor) with Anna Trebunskaya

Alek Skarlatos (France train hero) with Lindsay Arnold

Yipee, Anna's back! Gary...eh...not so much.

Wonder if they bumped someone to have Alek Skarlatos on. The attack was only on Aug. 22nd. He is cute though.

I think Victor Espinoza (jockey) might be 3" shorter than Karina Smirnoff without her heels. Bit of a difference from the seasons when Cheryl had to wear higher heels to dance with a really tall partner.

I would feel bad for Tony, but would be fine with Kim Zolciak-Biermann (Real Housewives of Atlanta) leaving early and I don't watch any of those kind of shows.

This might be the season where I know the least people.

No clue about Alexa or Carlos PenaVega, Hayes Grier or Tamar Braxton (other than that she is Toni Braxton's sister) I don't watch horse racing but I do recall some triple crown news on tv and the net.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Enjoying the show tonight, some highs, some lows!

Kerri - I do watch the Housewives but hardly recognized Kim. She must have had a lot of work done!!

Liking all the dresses, especially the colours of Carrie Ann & Julianne's.

Wonder who'll go home first! Hope it's Gary, I can't understand him.

Jo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I only saw the last ten minutes. The Backstreet Boy was pretty good. Loved the color of Julianne's dress but the darts looked strange. Didn't get to see much of Carrie Ann's. Was Erin on the show? Are they going with only three judges for every show?

Will have to watch the whole show tomorrow.

I'm on the West Coast so it just started here. Just wanted to say that I love Erin's new look, especially her hair. And love Julianne's hair also. Is she the new "head" judge now?

They plan on having some guest judges throughout the season.

Thought the jockey was horrible, don't think he'll last long.

PVR was going to record the 11 pm rebroadcast, so maybe I can squeeze it in while waiting for cruise laundry to wash and see both tonight.

We were on the Carnival Liberty cruise that had the engine room fire and still had a great time.

Saw some fabulous jeweled gowns and some ruffled monsters brought on by Puerto Rican gals from I guess their proms or quiceanera parties. They took advantage on the formal photography onboard and was nice to see.

I missed the end of the show but I caught most of it. Carrie Ann, Julianne and Erin all looked great. I loved the color and cut of Erin's dress (so nice to see her in a long dress). I think I liked her longer hair better though. Julianne looked glamorous. I liked Carrie Ann's dress until she stood up and then I thought the poofy skirt made her look a little hippy.

There are some pretty bad dancers this year so it will be interesting to see who goes first. Gary Busey is just plain strange. The jockey was bad but he had a cute personality so he may stick around a couple of weeks. It might be Kim - the judges gave her a hard time for not trying hard enough.

Alek Skarlatos was a nice surprise and so was Bindi. The PenaVegas were both good. Carlos must have some kind of dance experience. Tamar Braxton seemed really hyper when she talked but her dance was elegant.

ETA: KandC, I'm glad you are ok and still had a good cruise.

Edited by CruisinCrow

I thought several of the dancers were among the worst ever, if not the worst. Luckily there were also a few who were really good and some others that could come along. I can't even choose who was the worst; Chaka Khan, Gary Busey, Paula Deen, the Housewife....

They must be getting desperate for dancers; I've only heard of a few of them. But, I do get into their stories as we learn more about them.

Hardly anything Gary Busey said made sense, at least to me. He seems to be a strange one.

I don't watch Housewives of Atlanta, but that poor woman look like she has had so much surgery; I thought she was probably at least 55 until I saw her with a toddler!

I liked Bindi's dance but wish she'd tone down the peppy personality just a bit--she's young though. The Backstreet boy was very good; probably has had some dance experience. And the hero from the train attack was surprisingly good, and very likable.

None of the dresses stuck out to me; I did like Erin's look though, and Julieanne looked elegant.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I have a feeling that Kim the Housewife will be the first to go. Chaka Khan and Paula Deen probably have some type of fan base, and Gary Busey, while a train wreck, is somewhat entertaining. Kim just came off as a whiny head case who either didn't want to or couldn't let go on the dance floor (in other words, another typical Tony Dovolani partner, poor guy).

Just finished watching the whole show. Bindi (who definitely has her dad's personality), Alek (the train hero) and Nick (Backstreet Boy) were my favorites. Kim, the jockey, and Gary Busey were my least favorites with Paula Deen and Chaka Khan very close.

Watching the Tuesday show now which, so far, is just a remix of last night's.

I did like Erin's dress but once again it could use at least a little bling for TV. Was that a bow on the shoulder? The dark colors she often wears do not come across well on TV. I would love to be able to see the dresses up close.

Just finished watching the whole show. Bindi (who definitely has her dad's personality), Alek (the train hero) and Nick (Backstreet Boy) were my favorites. Kim, the jockey, and Gary Busey were my least favorites with Paula Deen and Chaka Khan very close.

Watching the Tuesday show now which, so far, is just a remix of last night's.

I did like Erin's dress but once again it could use at least a little bling for TV. Was that a bow on the shoulder? The dark colors she often wears do not come across well on TV. I would love to be able to see the dresses up close.

Totally agree with your bests and worsts.

Erin's dress was a really dark teal color and it had a black bow on the shoulder. I liked the black and teal together.